Weekend Open Forum: What is your dream vacation spot?

Jos

Staff

Traveling is one of my favorite things AFK but I don’t get to do it as often as I’d like to these days. You know, being a grown-up with responsibilities, bills to pay and small kids can limit both your free time and budget. I’m lucky enough to have visited a few beautiful places back in the day and still plan a quick getaway with the wife when possible.

In this Weekend Open Forum let’s a break from the tech-centric discussions and let us know: Do you like to travel? What are some of the coolest places you’ve been to or your favorite vacation spot? And where would you like to go if you could go anywhere in the world?

Permalink to story.

The Moon since we've been there. Even a vacation on the ISS. Actually I'd even settle for a spacewalk a la Yuri Gagarin or Ed White.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a person interested in technology and living in a third world country, the Philippines, I'd like to have a vacation in Silicon Valley (California, USA). in lieu of that, I'd love to be in Hollywood and see some stars if I get lucky. :)

Moorea Tahiti - been there twice and am more than willing to go again (and again and again).

Living in pretty flat Denmark, I'd like to se Grand Canyon, and stand someplace with my feet on either side of the continental divide in the Rockies..

My dream vacation (will become a reality in August) is to spend a week at a legal brothel in Nevada. :)

My dream vacation (will become a reality in August) is to spend a week at a legal brothel in Nevada. :)
Losing my virginity was a dream of mine too, but luckily that came true a few years before I graduated high school.

Bali – Brilliant beaches, great food, lovely people
Philippines – Nicest people in the world, fantastic beaches & snorkelling
Australia – Unbelievable beaches, fantastic road trips and salt water crocs!
Cuba – Very nice beaches, the worlds best cigars!
Thailand – Amazing beaches, night life, cultural sites and great food.

Next up is Greece – I’d heard they have some nice beaches!

Antarctica. Legit my only vacation dream.
Right on! I would love to climb Vinson Massif at 4892 m elevation, the highest on the continent. Getting there would be an adventure and of course the penguins!!
From what I've read you can't get right in amongst them lest you disturb them, but if you sit near them, their curiosity takes over and they come right over and check you out. Awesome.

I think I'd like to tour the Pacific Coast Highway full length. I'd also like to stop in Redwood National Park and King's Canyon National park to see the coast redwoods and giant sequoias.

Hopefully VR technology will advance to a point to make a trip such as this possible, for those people like myself, who would never be able to make such a trip. I doubt VR will ever (?) get to the point where it would come close to the actual experience, but hopefully it will get to the point where it's rewarding nonetheless.

It's like I always say, "internet trolling is done by fools like me, but only evolution can make a tree"!

Last edited:
Back