TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: 10 commandments of PC gaming, a guide to storage servers, 4K on Linux

By Matthew
Dec 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. PC gaming is pretty much the best. You get the prettiest, cheapest, most flexible versions of almost every game, along with hundreds of games that aren't available anywhere else. But despite all that, some of the people who make...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,536   +2,332

"You get the prettiest, cheapest, most flexible versions of almost every game, along with hundreds of games that aren't available anywhere else."

No ****. I've been listening to people complain about halfassed ports for at least the past five years.

3. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

The section for "Build your own storage server, for less", did anyone actually read that article before adding it here?
    That's got to be one of the worst guides to building a storage server on the web.

4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,309   +56

Because all laws are based on the commandments, religion, if I were an atheist I shouldn't have to follow any of them due to my freedom of religion in the constitution.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,536   +2,332

This is the most nonsensical comment I have read on the Internet today. 7/10 - solid trolling.

Burty117 and ikesmasher like this.
  6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,266   +92

Fair enough and thanks for the input. I removed it and shoehorned the SMART guide into our title instead.

7. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Instead of actually changing the title did you not think that it might be useful to do some research and post the article from backblaze about cheapest storate server... it is legit unlike the other article that was posted.

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,266   +92

I posted BackBlaze's budget storage server article in a weekend tech reading from October so no I didn't consider reposting it or finding an alternative because the SMART guide was already in this weekend tech reading.

Burty117 and wastedkill like this.