TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Cracking the 'Apple Trap' (or not), an alternative to DST, and a Bill...

By Matthew
Nov 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At first, I thought it was my imagination. Around the time the iPhone 5S and 5C were released, in September, I noticed that my sad old iPhone 4 was becoming a lot more sluggish. The battery was starting to run...

Read more

2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 956   +22

The amazon tax was removed in Illinois where I live. They told them web companies would leave, like a coupon one. Parallel.

3. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TS Booster Posts: 466   +154

"The goals are simple but specific: Sell 16 million Windows tablets over the holiday sales season while making touch mainstream on PCs and improving the Windows retail experience. Here are the plans."

The goals are *anything* but simple. Nobody of "sound mind" wants touch to be mainstream on their damn PC. Tablet? Fine. Cellphone? Go for it. But if PC is still synonymous with desktop? Microsoft is going to fall flat on it's dumb *** again. I hope they fall hard and fast. So that we can get on with the next iteration of Windows that is not inherently immersed in flawed theories.

spencer likes this.
  4. spencer

spencer TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

I find it funny how all these companies are all about being good for the earth and all that stuff; Like Apple in this case, yeah there all about being good for the earth; But then why is it their repairability scores are horrible and it's almost cheaper to buy another device completely than to buy an individual part. This is PR they don't care about the earth or their slave workers all that matters is the $$$.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.