Weekend tech reading: DirectX 11.3 gets DX12 tech, a Tim Cook interview, what to expect in Windows 9

By Matthew
Sep 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. At this year's Intel Developer Conference and Nvidia's Maxwell Editor's Day, Microsoft were busy banging the DirectX 12 drum. They were demonstrating its CPU efficiency boosts as well as talking up the new rendering features...

Read more
  2. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

"Nearly a year in, is anyone winning the current generation console war?"

Considering Sony is selling like hot cakes and surpassed 10 Million Units, and the Xbox One last shipped 5 million(Not sold) I'd say PS4 is dominating the next gen war. Here in NY I don't know a single person in my entire college that has one, and gamestop, kmart, toysrus xbox's literally have dust on them.

I fear that not only is Xbox one being destroyed by their competition, but that this is the end of xbox as well as consumers don't trust Microsoft anymore.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Interesting how DX11 is living on. I don't understand why PCgamer is shocked that DX12 will be limited to future operating systems. That will be one of its main selling points.
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  4. chip igmo

chip igmo TS Member Posts: 51

Samsung oops? but then again, Samsung acknowledged the bug and will be providing a fix 'soon'.
  5. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Enthusiast Posts: 37

Aaaaaannnd they continue to sell consoles as nerfed PC gaming machines. PC Gaming, with all it's customization capacities and power is king.