Weekend tech reading: First looks at the Steam Machine/SteamOS, Wikipedia's lamest edit wars

By Matthew
Dec 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. True to its word, Valve has released a beta version of SteamOS, the Linux-based operating system that it will use to power its living room Steam Machine consoles. The release coincides with a lucky group of 300 public beta testers...

Read more
  2. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 822   +19

Really disappointed that steamos requires uefi. Have to buy a new computer every year, I guess, and I don't make much from working. It's always ok (zero k dollars salary.)
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,059   +220

What's uefi again? And steamos... Tons of YouTube videos about it but its impossible to find a real steamos review its extremely annoying!
  4. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 822   +19

Uefi is the bios on very new computer; the way it boots.It can handle like 3Tb disks and above, for one.
  5. penn919

penn919 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 151   +12

There's a really good overview on Ars technica...but I don't think you'll find a review per say because It just released a few days ago and it's still in beta 1.0. There wouldn't be any point in reviewing it.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,473   +301

Wait, why would you need to buy a new computer every year?!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.