TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: First looks at the Steam Machine/SteamOS, Wikipedia's lamest edit wars

By Matthew
Dec 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. True to its word, Valve has released a beta version of SteamOS, the Linux-based operating system that it will use to power its living room Steam Machine consoles. The release coincides with a lucky group of 300 public beta testers...

Read more

2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,236   +50

Really disappointed that steamos requires uefi. Have to buy a new computer every year, I guess, and I don't make much from working. It's always ok (zero k dollars salary.)

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,331   +291

What's uefi again? And steamos... Tons of YouTube videos about it but its impossible to find a real steamos review its extremely annoying!

4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,236   +50

Uefi is the bios on very new computer; the way it boots.It can handle like 3Tb disks and above, for one.

5. penn919

penn919 TS Booster Posts: 174   +17

There's a really good overview on Ars technica...but I don't think you'll find a review per say because It just released a few days ago and it's still in beta 1.0. There wouldn't be any point in reviewing it.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,782   +543

Wait, why would you need to buy a new computer every year?!