TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Intel's 14nm Skylake CPUs, rigging Steam's sale event, AMD vs. Nvidia today

By Matthew
Jun 29, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Next year Intel is expected to introduce Skylake, a completely new x86 microarchitecture, fabricated on 14 nm technology. Skylake CPus will have a number of improvements, the most major ones being DDR4 memory support...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,565   +2,373

FB manipulated feeds to see how the nature of content impacted users' emotions. Did Zuckerberg come up with this idea? Marketers and politicians have been aware of this relationship for centuries.

To end on a positive note, I'll extend a happy 4th of July to you folks ahead of time. Especially any Brits. (y)

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

I knew Steam sales were rigged. Red won too many times by too much of a margin.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Pink team here, I suppose that is only fitting as I usually play a female character. :eek:

5. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

red team member here. did not won any free games though.

:)

:)
    g.w. bush to t. blair: "thank you friend!"
    (in recognizance of great Britain's support in the u.s. war on terror, Iraq invasion phase)

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,706   +1,887

Well, that was pretty tasteless...:eek: (Pay me no mind, I'm just mad because you beat me to it).

I've always believed that if "Wubba" was a Kennedy, they'd have kept him in an attic where he belonged, and Rose Kennedy, would have redoubled her efforts toward fighting mental retardation.

And yet, the president who, (at one point (?)), achieved the lowest approval rating in our history, somehow managed to make Tony Blair his bit*h.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

The two standout reasons for that might be:
    Blair's public school upbringing - maybe just a little too used to fagging, or (conspiracy theory 101) maybe Bush was a degree (or more) higher at the lodge.

misor likes this.
  8. bnjohanson

bnjohanson TS Enthusiast Posts: 32   +10

I went from owning 0-games as brand new to the medium to 68-games and I was on Red Team. Granted, there are millions of us participating in this and my number hardly moves the needle, but my guess is any team would've benefited in comparison with like of my situation on their squad...