Weekend tech reading: Steam Controller video demo, Homebrew Computer Club to reunite

By Matthew
Oct 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Probably the single most-argued argument in all of gaming is the silly, ill-formed rivalry between the console gamepad and the PC mouse and keyboard. It’s a bogus distinction to make, like asking whether spreadsheets are better than graphs -- they...

Read more
  2. Steam controller looks pretty great for non-competitive play, definitely much more accurate than standard controllers. However, looks like a mouse is still king.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,773   +1,429

Not without pretty pictures to go with it. :)
    m4a4 likes this.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

Now that is a swanky GIF for the $100 bill.

As for the Steam Controller, the trackpad idea is very interesting. Cant wait to see the final version.
  5. American money all looks the same, even the new bill. I prefer my Canadian cash that looks like monopoly money. At least I can know what any bill is immediately by the color. :p
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 822   +19

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,385   +607

Linux needs a killer game to kick off? Like Battlefield 6?
  8. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 822   +19

Another thing that was outdated when I worked there in 1985 that is still in use today is the city of la's necs mainframe police car system. It has it's own wireless network with antennas on mountains. The mainframes require them to have water chillers and actually generate their own 415 hz electricity with motor generators.
  9. I could see CoD making it to Linux, being that they re-release the same game every year, might as well reinvest some money into porting the engine. Other than that, Valve already has many companies on board. Most of Valves own catalog runs native on Linux, they'll be releasing the rest soon. Future Valve games like Half Life 3 will be on Linux. As for Battlefield, you're probably right, with Origin and all, it probably won't be on SteamOS... maybe Battlefield 6.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.