TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: The Mt. Gox debacle, open source drones, battery-free gesture recognition

By Matthew
Mar 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Anyone holding Bitcoins -- or pretty much any cryptocurrency, really -- has taken a substantial hit in the last few months, with the exchange rate of dollars to Bitcoins dropping from a high of around $1200 last November to around $550 today...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Interesting article on the unmanned cargo ships. I work in the shipping industry and it's not just the ships, but the onload/offload is becoming more and more automated. I visited a port in Gunsan, South Korea where there were only a handful of workers, and they were there to monitor the bot cranes and trains that offloaded cargo ships. Very impressive.
  3. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 506   +83

With regards to BitCoin and cryptocurrency, the pricing for R9s has come crashing down. Newegg has an R9 290x retailing for $700; about two weeks ago they were going for almost a grand.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,237   +79

That is amazing, you should all read it. Went through the main article and the 5-6 updates there were, now I want an SSD drive :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.