TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: The Mt. Gox debacle, open source drones, battery-free gesture recognition

By Matthew
Mar 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Anyone holding Bitcoins -- or pretty much any cryptocurrency, really -- has taken a substantial hit in the last few months, with the exchange rate of dollars to Bitcoins dropping from a high of around $1200 last November to around $550 today...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,536   +574

Interesting article on the unmanned cargo ships. I work in the shipping industry and it's not just the ships, but the onload/offload is becoming more and more automated. I visited a port in Gunsan, South Korea where there were only a handful of workers, and they were there to monitor the bot cranes and trains that offloaded cargo ships. Very impressive.

3. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

With regards to BitCoin and cryptocurrency, the pricing for R9s has come crashing down. Newegg has an R9 290x retailing for $700; about two weeks ago they were going for almost a grand.

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,261   +409

That is amazing, you should all read it. Went through the main article and the 5-6 updates there were, now I want an SSD drive :p