TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: What to expect from DX12, Cortana is Google Now+Siri, new Jobs email

By Matthew
Apr 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A closer look at DirectX 12 At the Game Developers Conference this year, Microsoft pulled back the curtain on Direct3D 12, the first major update to its graphics APIs since 2009. The company announced some pretty big changes, including support for...

Read more
  2. BMfan

BMfan TS Guru Posts: 479   +48

Android is for people with less money,Do they not realize that android runs on very cheap devices
    to overpriced one's as well,where as Apple only runs on overpriced devices?
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,147   +241

So steve jobs planned the endless stupid "I patented the round corner on a phone" lawsuits and DX12 is just like DX 10 just with a new name :/ and we still get the same driving games..... show something real will you!
  4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,207   +518

Did you really expect anything else?

Not really, though I run an iPhone, Android just happens to be more for people who want something more open sourced than "Cheap". Working with Java tends to be a lot easier as well than with the IOS developer kit regulations.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,147   +241

I think the UI of the iphone 5 is sexy tbh I want it :3
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

I think that whole DNA analysis thing is one giant scam. Very seriously doubt that anyone is ever going to get a "clean bill of health" with those. They're going to find SOMETHING wrong with you to get you to put out more money for alleged treatment, research, whatever.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,525   +300

I was real close to doing it before the 23andMe injunction. I had recently become financially available enough to do something like that, and I had an autoimmune disorder that appeared in hs, then another about 12-15 years later (fuzzy on when the first started). So I kind of want to know what my risks for future type problems to develop and if I can take some steps to avoid them. I don't have any kids right now, but depending on the results I may elect to never have kids (at this rate doesn't look like I have any say in the matter, lol), or adopt if necessary.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,971   +1,486

Not only that; but good luck getting insurance, after you have been diagnosed with anything. My advice would be to get the best insurance you can find, before being tested (that is if you actually want to trust the results). Any diagnoses will put you on high risk status and quite possibly denial of insurance.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,525   +300

ACA, Obamacare, addressed that. Or at least that was a key selling point of it.
  10. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,207   +518

Meh, I just like it as well as any in all honesty. The main reason I won't switch is because I like the general way the iPhone works and the support is quite nice for my phone (Including 1 warranty for me in the past with no questions/problems). The UI is similar to Droid except it runs on the MacOS platform which is custom/specific to Apple. I program on Droid (Which is essentially Java) and Apple however it tends to be harder to deal with Apples systems overall. As far as the phone goes, I do like the quality (Plus the fingerprint scanner lawlz).

Amen to that, there in lies a problem with the idea of DNA scans. Though right now with America its alot harder to get denied nowadays since you can just get on Obama care if nothing else.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.