TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Who owns your data when you die?

By Matthew
Jul 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. After we die, our bodies are reduced to dust or ash, through burial or cremation. The fate of the digital corpuses we leave behind is rather more complicated. Before the advent of internet-hosted storage and services, your digital remains would...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

That 12K PC is cool. I think Titans are a better option due to the 6GB of GDDR5.

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,592

At that point, I really wouldn't care.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

I plan to pass on all my data to my wife and children as with the rest of my estate.

gl with the TBs of pr0n

Darkshadoe likes this.
  5. Nobody

6. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

If it takes that long to relieve me of my data, then a Chinese supercomputer maintained by a group of political detainees are falling down on the job (maybe due to having too many body parts harvested by the government?). Hopefully, when it happens, keen followers of TechSpot will notice the difference when my posting devolves into

*You tried to click the link, didn’t you?

cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,592

Not until after reading the quote. I did however click the U-Lucky link to see if it was legit. OMG it was!! :O

8. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

Only the finest hand-picked kitchen utensil grade aluminium is good enough for U-Lucky eXXXXXtreme cooling solutions.

9. Google :) apple dont own **** about me ;) google. trustet by geeks!

10. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,516   +336

Personal Identity info belongs to me,

whatever I post (anywhere) belongs to no one/everyone because I lost control of it when I clicked [POST/SUBMIT]

11. Ill just delete all my data before I die. If any one wants something from it, they can call up the NSA for a backup copy.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.