Weird cd-rom issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipVen

ok, the cd-rom on a computer we have works with normal games. However, When Neverwinter nights Diamond was put in, nothing happened. I went into the my computer thing and tried to open the disc from there. The only problem is that it is not recognizing the disk itself! There is no problem with the disk, as it runs fine on the other computer. I also went to the atari forums, and they were talking about making sure it can play dual-layered disks, and a few other things which i cannot recall at the moment. anyways, the cd-rom on this computer is a LTN-5291s. once agan it plays other cds just fine, but not this. If you could help that would be great.

Welcome to Techspot!!! :D

When you say other cd's, you mean audio cd's? Also have you played this game before in this computer? I am almost positive that you will need to replace that drive.

no, i mean actual game cd's , but yes audio works as well. And no, i haven't played this on this computer before. btw, what are we talking here when you say replacing the drive?

oh also, the computer that it is working on : the drive is a

HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-5000 the drive is from '99.

this is a way older drive i presume, so why will this work and the newer one wont?

alright, we took the drive from another computer from the other guy's office, and now it works. Thx for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back