Weird Computer Lock Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am running windows server 2003. Whenever I doing a random task... the computer locks me out. Here is what happens. The computer monitor goes black and the power light on it flashes...
The Keyboard and mouse are dead. The mouse is infrared and the red light goes off.
The tower is on, but the power light doesn't seem to shine as bright.
The only way to reboot is too hold down the power button and shut it off completely!

Any help would be appreciated!

red

It could be alot of things, but start with the simplest thing first. I would first try disabling all Hybernation and Stand-by modes thru the control panel. It could just be glitch with one of those, as Microsoft has issued updates in the past for problems with them. Try that, let us know if it happens again. But it sounds like the computer is locking up when its going into hybernation or stand-by. Why it would be going into that state in the first place is beyond me, but glitches happen.

Nopers

Nopers, I turned off the hibernation mode and such and I still get the same error. This is really getting on my nerves as I am writing code and the PC just does this.

I ask the IT dudes in my office and they say my problem is Microsoft... and are baffled!!

jerm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back