Weird cpu problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play online games such as: RTCW: Enemy Territory, Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike Source, or Team Fortress 2... My CPU will run all my games perfectly, but approximately 15 minutes into the game my fps will go from 125fps to 40-50 fps for about 30 seconds, then return back to 125fps. It continues to happen and get worse as I keep on playing. I have McAfee anti-virus, CCleaner, Ad-Aware SE personal, and TuneUP Utilities.. I use them all and I have zero spyware and no viruses. My original powersupply was only 350W of power. I added a new powersupply which has 600W. I also just added the 2gb of ram to my cpu. I originally thought my cpu was overheating, which was causing my frame rates to drop. I will be checking the forum often to see what you guys have to say, please ask me questions to help fix my problem, i will post answers quickly. THANKS

My CPU:

Windows XP Professional (5.1.2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
L2 Cache: 1024 KB
Memory: 2,048 MB corsair
Mobo: Foxconn 946 7MA Series
Power Supply: RAIDMAX RX-630A ATX12V / EPS12V 630W Power Supply
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Hard-drive: 250gb

What do you think of my processor?
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz

I am going to try opening my case and having a fan blow into my case and see if i get better results. If it does work, how can i resolve my problem of the v-card over heating?

Teranius said:
id say its your gcard thats overheating, not your cpu

ford150, by that, he does actually mean your processor and not your pc. I have pointed this out because you refer to your pc as your cpu which could lead to confusion.

I just finished playing call of duty 4 for about 25minutes... I checked the temperature through my NVIDIA control panel, it said it was at 150 degrees Fareinheight.. thats alot i assume..

can i adjust my fan speeds somehow?

Whoa, it is definitely GPU problem.

You can only do this way, adding the extra fan to the GPU or take the better alternative

Get the aftermarket heatsink with fan for your GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back