TechSpot

weird file sorting

By cjmagnum
Jun 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sometimes whenever i move files to another folder it organizes it badly. Used to never do this, but recently whenever i move alot of files that are numerically in order (file 1, file 2, file 3) it mixes them around. Here is an example: the first time i noticed this problem i was moving an audiobook onto Itunes i would move all 20 something files over to the folder, then i'd look at them and it would go something like this, audio 1 audio 2 audio 3 audio 4 audio 5 audio 16 audio 17 audio 18 audio 19 audio 6 audio 7...

at first i thought that it was itunes but then i tried to back up saved files and it did the same thing but with save 1 save 2 etc. It isn't a big deal to me but is there a problem i'm missing or should i just get used to reorganizing everything myself.
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

Right-click on a blank section of the folder and choose Arrange Icons By->Name. Then you should be good to go.
  3. cjmagnum

cjmagnum Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 94

uh ohs forgot about that
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.