Weird game crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetfreak

Ok.. I have problems that are realy testing my nervs..
My comp. is not very old only few months. Now a week ago I started expiriencing very weird game crashes where my computer restarts by him self. At first I thought it's a temperature problem but bios reports 30c never above that. It doesn't crash on every game. Warcraft runs very well, so does new need for speed and baldurs gate but when I start oblivion or sin episodes or neverwinter nights 2 it gets wierd. I doesn't restart as soon as start the game. It let's my go to new game, plays the first animation, the game starts, I move around a bit and then zap! the comp. restarts. One thing also bugs me I played all of these games a month ago with no problems and now things are messed up.

all of my drivers are updated
I have winXP with service pack2
I have scaned my harddrive for viruses
I tried reinstaling the games
I also defragmented my harddrive but the problems are still there.
and I ran directX diagnostic tool and it reported no problems

me:
Intel pentium 4 3.00GHz
1 gb of ram
Maxtor hdd
Nvidia geforce 6200
Sound blaster live 24-bit
samsung monitor

I would appriciate any help
and sorry for my bad english grammar..

I think...

LOL!I think I know what is the deal...If u have a error report after the restart go visit my post under name of My pc is restarting all the time on internet.U should take 2 programs needed to KILL the damned rootkit viruses.At least i think it is.Nevermind even if it isnt youl know that it isnt the problem.Believe me no ordinary virusscan can find or kill it...BUT!It can be the power supply too.maybe it is giving low power,and while playing pc looses power and restarts.Or...u have many bad sectors but it should be fixed with defrag like u did.That is all.

Kserijaro said:
LOL!I think I know what is the deal...If u have a error report after the restart go visit my post under name of My pc is restarting all the time on internet.U should take 2 programs needed to KILL the damned rootkit viruses.At least i think it is.Nevermind even if it isnt youl know that it isnt the problem.Believe me no ordinary virusscan can find or kill it...BUT!It can be the power supply too.maybe it is giving low power,and while playing pc looses power and restarts.Or...u have many bad sectors but it should be fixed with defrag like u did.That is all.

I went to that topic and I couldn't dig out which two programs have solved your problem.. and sadly I doubt the problem is power suply because now last two days.. even the games that worked (warcraft, need for speed, baldur's gate2)
have started causing the restart except the BG2.. and I don't think it's bad sectors since it's a brand new hard drive.. thanx for help anyway..
any other suggestions?

just to update..
few minutes ago my comp restarted by it self and I wasn't playing any game..
I was browsing thru regedit program and add/remove progrmas from control panel when it just snaped..

Could you boot into safe mode?

If you can try and install these programs and save the instructions into a notepad file or something so you can read it in safemode then do what it tells you: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Also try and update all your drivers ( Mainly videocard ) also did you add any new hardware to your PC that could be causing this? Such as a new hard drive, videocard, Powersupply?

What mobo?

30 c on what? cpu mobo gpu ???

Have you checked your cpu fan is running?

P4's run hot, even a 3.0 - I find 30 C hard to believe at this point.

TimeParadoX said:
Could you boot into safe mode?

If you can try and install these programs and save the instructions into a notepad file or something so you can read it in safemode then do what it tells you: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Also try and update all your drivers ( Mainly videocard ) also did you add any new hardware to your PC that could be causing this? Such as a new hard drive, videocard, Powersupply?

I'll try with those programs tomorow..
my drivers are updated and no I didn't add any new hardware..
The thing is that these restarts are getting worse and I belive I have some
spy/mall or whatever problems.. I'll check it tomorow.. thanx ;)

CCT said:
What mobo?

30 c on what? cpu mobo gpu ???

Have you checked your cpu fan is running?

P4's run hot, even a 3.0 - I find 30 C hard to believe at this point.

sorry but I don't know what mobo stands for... there are no problems with temperature.. I have two fans working..

just to update.. things are even worse.. spy/add/virus programs didn't help..
I reinstaled windows and restarting is more often now.. help?

Hmm the next thing I could think of is the videocard, it's pretty old... Do you have PCI-e, PCI or AGP slot?

Do you have a budget? I could help you pick out a great card for you :)

it's PCI and no budget..
since I reinstaled winxp restarts happen with no reason. I don't need to run a game.. it happens totally randomly.. I dunno.. my solution is to get a baseball bat.. any other ideas?
.btw I also ran a memtest on my rams and it reported no problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back