Not open for further replies.

wulfii

Hello
I'm new here and would like some help with a problem
I am running XP and vista on dual boot
AMD Athlon xp2600 1.91GHz
2G Ram
Asus A7N8X-X

Recently (no new stuff added or anything) the sound started playing up, missing parts of the song etc, I checked computer management noticed the nvidia and the ATi needed driver updates, tried this ,it seemed to solve my sound problem, then the machine began shutting down when idle, (in both OS) I took the side off , reseated the ATI Radeon X850 card, cleaned the inside, checked the display cablechecked just about everythingand I still got this
Help please it is driving me mad!
Thanks in advance
I have a screen shot but unsure how to display it here

http://uploadpics.com/index.php

Sounds like an overheating issue, or Ram failure

You may want to check your Event Viewer (at time of crash) to see what may be causing it (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer)

And run Memtest on your 2 Gig of Ram, thorough 7 passes preferred.

If it happens very often (every 15mins) then you may want to completely remove your Video card and use the onboard video (if that exists) just to test it

Fatal error: Unable to read 1936 bytes in /home/uploadpi/public_html/download2.php on line 0

When I try to view the pic (tried IE and Firefox)

You'll have to re-upload !!!
and provide another link

Hang on, I'm a bit tired
In the new reply message, click on the paper clip, near the white smily face, and attach your pic (That's better!!)

Well done

Looks like a video card error

I'd uninstall the video card again ! (software driver that is, from add/remove programs)
Then re-install the newest driver again

The memtest pic, tells you what to do

Nope tried that and still the same thanks for your help though
may try another graphics card if I can find one , there must be one lying around somewhere !

My hubby just fiddled around inside the machine and guess what ?
Sorted !
I think I should really think of an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back