Weird problem when on the Net

By Oconee man
Mar 9, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. My system has starting to slow down and sometimes stop when on the net. Seems to be when waiting for a reply to a request like opening a web site. When opening my email I have to wait for a minute because when the page opens and I start to type the screen go blank and the page will redisplay....any thing that I typed will be gone. System is running on an ethernet cable. More problems seems to be when I back page it will take some time before the page will display. Has at times just hang and will not go back.

Another weird problem is when I try to download Flash Player it will not let it download. Just hangs and does nothing.

These program are more on Chrome than on Firefox. Also when I send it my work timesheet Chrome will not display the reply from my company but Firefox will. AT&T has run several test on the DSL line and said all is OK. Eithernet card problem maybe? I am beginning to think maybe a complete system failure is coming.

BTW...Lap top runs fine on wireless.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,153   +598

Disable all browser extensions and add-ons, quit the browser and relaunch it