TechSpot

Weird problem with my new nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

By bloodjunkiee
Oct 20, 2007
  1. Ok i just got my new graphics card today...well its not that good but its the only PCI one i could get. Now i put the card in then turned on my comp and installed the drivers...then i reboot as it tells me to, I then get a 640 resolution and what appears to be 2 screens because i can trail the mouse to the right for ages....

I tried adjusting the res but it did nothing. i think its adjusting the res of the apparent "Second Screen" which i don't have...

I even tried to sort it out with NVIDEA's graphic option window but still no change. So now i have a 640 res screen with a a "Second Screen" which i don't even have...

I then realsied i didnt disable my Onboard graphics, so i did that and restarted but there was NO difference...

I need some help!

Anyone?

thanks.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

What Nvidia drivers are you using? From a CD or from the Net? delete the current drivers and reboot your computer...

3. bloodjunkiee

bloodjunkiee TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ah its all ok my Mate (IT Madman) has realised my noobishness and sorted it out.

Thanks for the help anway

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.