WEIRD PROBLEM with my uv lights etc helP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

OK WELL that little blue box that the uv lights plug into they keep burning out i went through my second one today it burned out and was black inside whats causeing this over heating?this is the second time it happend to another box =/

dude! its really late at night most people are sleeping lol jk well still just wait a little while "u post it and they will reply" lol

Where is this box located in the PC?

I don't have one of those UV light things, but I can imagine that that black box you're talking about may be producing a significant amount of heat, causing problems. You might want to put it somewhere else, or get a fan blowing onto it.

Other than that, I can't imagine what can be wrong.

there is a lot of space between it nothing near it really...its by the far right of my chasis basicall in the middle away from my mobo video card etc.

Okay.... I've really got no idea how this can happen. Is it possible that its shorting somewhere? Some exposed wires? This kinda thing shouldn't happen at all, if there's warranty on that item, you should get it.

ok some one told me at a pc shop that the wire connected to the uv light box might just over powering it and giving it more than 12 valts so he suggested just to test it out on a diff wire in my pc.

Well if your PSU is giving off too much power, I would be a good idea to confirm and then solve it, as more important hardware may be at risk.

I personally use Speedfan (found HERE ) to check my voltages. Or you may want to see if you BIOS has the readings.

What brand is you PSU?

But Im with CMH, this is very strange.

The little box is a inverter and and gives off 120vac. The little box should get a bit warm, but shouldn't be metling hot. Make sure the lights are the right amount of wattage? This may help....

im using a 550 watt charmelon psu this only happens with the blue boxes as i said i have a prog that checks all my pc temps etc everything is fine but for some rsn that little blue box just keeps going out.

OK GUYS need your thoughts on this..i went ahead and ordered the the logisys 4 pin moxel connector that makes the uv lights blink on and off and sound activation one..this one will connect to my 4 pin molex instead so hopefully if this one dosent give a prob then it was a problem with the wire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back