Weird Problem with network conection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one workstation on a ten workstation network(windows 2000 and windows 2000 Advanced Server) that keeps losing network conection. He can be on the network for about a hour or two then gets knocked off. I unistalled the drivers and reinstalled them and the same results. He will be able to log back on but then gets kncked off again. I checked all tcp/ip settings and all is good. I then purchased a new NIC and same results. The cable is new and never gave us a problem before. This problem is a new one just started to happen three weeks ago. I ran Anti Virus and spy ware programs and came up clean.

Any suggestions?

What do you mean by "knock off"? Windows says that the network cable has been unplugged? You can't access Windows shars? You can't do any TCP/IP?

How are the computers connected? Hubs? Switches? Routers?

Can not access share files, printers and internet. The cable is physically pluged in and all the tcp/ip settings are correct. Here is what I did so far.

1. Unistall and reinstall NIC Drivers
2. Purchased a new NIC card and installed that with same results.
3. Installed a new cat5e cable running through the hall way to see if same problem occurs. It still does.
4. Put the NIC card in another PCI slot with same results.

this is a windows 2000 machine on a ten computer network(all windows 2000 with a win2k advanced server). this problem is only on this computer.

Any help

These symptoms are typical for an IP address conflict? E.g. another computer being switched on with the same IP? If the IPs are assigned automatically, give this machine an unassigned IP manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back