weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have some weird symbols floating on my screen and when i install nvidia drivers my screen goes blank.the symbols are making my screen unreadible

windows starts up normally and after the loading the screen is blank and the monitor led starts blinking but i can hear sounds like welcome sound etc.
1. i didnt over clock my card
2. i tried flashing the latest bios but it didnt help
3. i formatted 12 time -no result
4.i change 2 heatsinks so its not an over heating problem.

once the problem went away and when i switched on next day it was there again

i had this problem since 3 days.
here is a screenshot

my config

asus a8bsli deluxe
amd ath 3000+
1gb ram
128mb 6600gt pcie
330w power supply

Uninstall the video drivers from the Safe Mode by going into Control Panel, System, Device Manager and then restart your system. Let Windows XP find and install native video drivers

hi

thanks for the quick reply but i tried your advice and let install use its native drivers but the screen still goes blank.please heeeelp

Is the Power On Self Test screen readable? This is where you see the computer logo, the memory count and hard drive detection. If you can get into the bios, reset the bios to the default settings and restart your system

Well, I had kinda the same issue with a X700Pro. Exact problems. What happened was that it overheated once. Then all the artifacts starting showing up on screen. Is there enough air going through your comp. Nothings blocking the fans heatsink for the card. It could also be your Power Supply not supplying enough power to the card have you read. If not that and not drivers then card is faulty.

hey guys

suddenly after installing vista rc1 the symbols somehow dissappeared and i am able to install nvidia drivers .i left my system on for last 6 hours and the temperature is ideling around 55-56 degrees

i didnt try playing any games with fear that the symbols might appear again a.
so guys do u think the temperatures are normal??

because i am planning to install a large cpu heatsink as described here:
http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=1784&s=1

That's a very scary mod! Lots of chances to damage the card. How tight do you get the ties? How easy is it to make sure the heatsink is sitting on the chip correctly? It is very bulky. The heatsink is going to take up a lot of space

i can buy a zalman but problem is i live in india and ebay says shipping 60$ for a 11$ fan.So do you know a indian dealer for or site selling a decent gpu cooler?????

Ok mkjunior,
I guess you could try the mod. Make sure you center the heatsink over the graphics CPU chip and use thermal grease between the heatsink and the chip. The temps you posted are good enough.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back