TechSpot

Weird program

By Kaorichan2002
Nov 2, 2006
  1. After downloading the new aim i have a program that wont go away its aolsoftware.exe o_o is it a bad program...

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

A lot depends on where this programme is running from.

Read this thread HERE and post a renamed HJT log as an attachment. I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Kaorichan2002 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. Kaorichan2002

Kaorichan2002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 88

O_o ooh new rules for hjt... *checks hjt again* Oh how do you rename it do you just rename the actual hjt file?

*ran it*

Lol. taco.

4. howard_hopkinso

That file looks to be legit, so I don`t think you`ve anything to worry about.

5. VvWolverinevV

VvWolverinevV TS Booster Posts: 111

It's still really annoying. Does anyone know how to completely get rid of aolsoftware.exe? It runs on system startup after uninstalling AIM Triton :mad:

edit:
    If you have uninstalled all of your AOL software and aolsoftware.exe still runs on startup, run HJT and kill this *****:
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\<10-digit number>\EE\AOLSoftware.exe

you're welcome... :cool:

6. howard_hopkinso

Yes, that`s true, if you want to completely get rid of AOL.

Make sure you manually delete any AOL files that are left on your system.

This thread is for the use of Kaorichan2002 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.