TechSpot

Weird random restart problem

By nvrslep303
May 16, 2008
  1. When my friend plays the game "Dawn of War: Soulstorm," while a game is being created.... something weird happens.

If he is talking in vent while the map is loading, it causes his computer to randomly restart. Why is this?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

We need more info. Like what your friend's system is...

3. mke

mke TS Rookie Posts: 90

have you checked for any after release patches of the game? some bugs could have been adressed and fixed. also are you using original or cracked game? its always a wonder what a crack soft can or cannot due :)
    Also worth considering switching graphics drivers. eg. am always happier and do think that my system worked better with modded drivers, e.g. omegadrivers. dunno something to have alook.
    good luck with ur quest

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Any chance he has an AMD processor with WXP Service Pack 3.
    That combo has been giving some people fits with frequent random restarts since the Service Pack 3 download became available.

5. nvrslep303

nvrslep303 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

mke- I know he's using the real version of the game, and they don't let anybody play until the game is updated

raybay- He said he is using an AMD processor and he has sp3. That might be the problem, i'm not sure. But what does it have to do ventrillo??

Tmagic- I'll post his Dxdiag and see if that helps anything.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.