Weird Virus/Spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't access any part of Google. It also is taking my computer a good 10-15 minutes just to start up a few small programs. I downloaded Zone Alarm Security Suite free trial and updated it to try to get rid of the problem. It didn't find anything though. Any help on what to do is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I can't post the notepad document I got from HiJackThis onto here because this web page keeps waiting on www.google-analytics.com forever without loading. It doesn't let me click on the button to attach, so here it is.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, please do the following.

Have HJT fix these entries (if there):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{817D7CD3-64E4-4E9A-B101-752EA7B69B01}: NameServer = 68.230.242.30,68.230.242.25<--Only fix that entry if it doesn't belong to your ISP. If your ISP is Cox Communications, don't fix it; otherwise, I think it's malware.

Now read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions to the letter, then post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread.

Also let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Tinsil only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Still having same problems as before, although this time it is allowing me to add attachments. The rootkit did not find anything either.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log is clean.

However, it appears you`re running more than one antivirus programme and more than one firewall programme. This is not recommended, will slow your system down and can cause serious conflicts.

Uninstall one antivirus and one firewall programme.

Once you`ve done that, let us know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Tinsil only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ignore, I reformatted anyways. See next post.

I reformatted my hard drive. Google will still not work for me. I think the slow startups could have been from what you said.

I've tried pinging www.google.com and it works fine. So does the tracert to there I ran. I can't get the Google homepage to open in Opera, Firefox, or IE.

If you have any idea what the problem could be, I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Also, most web pages on forums won't finish loading until after a good 5 minutes or so.

Problem fixed, and to think, it was something as simple as resetting my router. I still have no idea how my router was preventing just this computer, and not my others from acessing anything google related.

I`m glad to hear your problem is solved and thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Tinsil only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back