well damn . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys im building a new comp and I have zero money left lol. My problem is i only have a Windows XP Upgrade CD-Rom (not a normal full install) and no old Windows OS CD-Roms. Am I f$%^ed? Right now my only idea is to buy a windows 98 se and upgrade, but its still like 45-50bucks. sigh .. . .help??

I'm assuming that you had windows and then upgraded. but you'v got/getting a new computer so that the upgrade is useless unless you have the origional OS.

theres a couple ways to get around this, use your hdd from your old computer as the master hdd in your new computer, or if you have proof of purchase ask microsoft to send you a new cd (they usually do this for free). you can also choose something other then windows, say linux which is much more stable.

and obviously... wait and save up your money for the new windows that is going to come out really soon.

hey Patriot thnx. one question tho, if i used my old hdd on the new computer, could i somehow install xp onto the newer hdd and eventually ditch my original hdd (it really sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back