TechSpot

Well, Hellooooo there!

By Nemean
Mar 26, 2008
  1. Yes, I am Nemean.
    I am first going to say that anything technical escapes me. When I say technical, I mean by method as well as things related to technology. So... math is difficult (new concepts are, anyway), science terms escape me, even if I can draw diagrams of what it is, and trying to fix my gaddanged computer is not something I do well with. I probably will end up making my own post on a problem because I need a lot of explanations.
    On the matter of technical things, someone once pointed out to me that grammar is pretty technical, and I tend to piece words together pretty well. I say this: My grasp of grammar is almost entirely intuitive. Yup, I can tell if something looks right or wrong but never why. I'd also like to point out that I'm a teenager, and my understanding of computers is like my grasp of grammar, only it's not glaringly obvious (to me) about what precisely I need to change. That's why I'm here.

So, there was a suggestion towards posting information on my computer? I downloaded one of those fancy suggested programs from the post, but all the information on it is completely meaningless to me. I'm pretty much hopeless.

Finally, I've decided it's about time that I learn to manage my own computer (and deal with viruses) instead of asking my dad for help, 'cause someday I'll be in college or perhaps out in the real world and he won't be there the exact moment I need assistance, but random people on the internet will.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi Nemean :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

No you don't have to be technical at all, just able to ask for help, and follow reasonably simple steps. Computer techs are on the way out, I tell you :)

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

Also it is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

Enjoy your Stay :)

3. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 173

Hooray for random internet people. Good smart folk here at TS, helped me a lot while i was learning all the fancy computer stuffs in college. Definitely browse around and see what sounds interesting to read, comment on stuff, and enjoy. Always nice to have new folk afoot.

Tell us more about you. Do you program? do you game? PC or console? Linux, OSX, or windows? Where ya from? whtas the primary purpose of your Computer? etc etc etc

peace

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.