TechSpot

Wep Page freeze on loading - Trojan/spy suspected

Inactive
By Paul881
May 30, 2011
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I am using Win XP HE and has all M/soft updates. When I load a web page, it takes typically 20< secs to load. My d/l speed is 3Mb/sec.

I have followed the 7 steps carefully and have the logs but before I submit them I just wanted top sense check that maybe I'm being too optimistic in my expectctations. It just seems much slower to load than it used to.

I am using Avast Online scanner which I have used for some years and its automatically updated. I have seen the logs and on the attache.text file there are some error messages at the bottom but the Malware scan didn't find found anything.
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

I don't know what you consider "top sense"- nor do I know if you're being "too optimistic in my expectations" because I don't know what they are.

Understand that there are many reasons for 'slow'- malware is only one of them.

But if you would like help checking for malware, please paste n the logs that you ran from the preliminary steps.

And important:
    Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.