Westell 2200, Verizon DSL and Belkin 54G router!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I am trying to setup a wireless connection throught my Westell 2200 modem for Verizon DSL.

My DSL works fine if connected directly from my computer. It works both if I dial from my computer or setup the username password for the DSL on the Westell modem.

I am now trying to connect my Belkin 54g wireless modem to the DSL Modem. I have tried everything given on diffrent sites, none of them work. I have setup the westell modem as a bridge and deactivated DHCP, and athenticated PPPoE from my wireless router- But it doesnt work. Have tried everything given on forums to websites - No luck yet.

Anybody have any ideas?

Just Curious - Certain forums talk about setting the MTU to 1492. But my Belkin only has a range of 1440-1454 with 1454 as default. What should this MTU setting be?

Appreciate everybodys help.

ramki1 said:
Just Curious - Certain forums talk about setting the MTU to 1492. But my Belkin only has a range of 1440-1454 with 1454 as default. What should this MTU setting be?
the 1454 will be fine -- the object is to avoid packet fragmentation and this
size will do

I am now trying to connect my Belkin 54g wireless modem to the DSL Modem. I have tried everything given on diffrent sites, none of them work. I have setup the westell modem as a bridge and deactivated DHCP, and athenticated PPPoE from my wireless router- But it doesnt work. Have tried everything given on forums to websites - No luck yet.
DHCP is seldom an issue -- It bugs me to no end that it gets the blame for so many issues!

You will need to document your ISP settings BEFORE connecting the router;
capture all the PPPoE data therein. Document and report back the IP, Mask,
gateway and dns addresses

THEN copy those settings into your router setup.

REACTIVE the router mode -- nothing wrong using it.
connect the modem--router--system and document your NIC settings seen
from run->cmd /k ipconfig all

see this post for debugging your settings

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back