Westell 6100 connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So I currently have a Westell 6100 from Verizon and I have been experiencing connection failure a lot these past days. It seems that my connection is down almost evey 30 mins to a day and I've tried everything from making sure all the wires are plugged in, to restarting the DSL modem and setting up a connection. These troubleshooting attempts works only sometimes and only for a small period. I've also noticed that whenever I use my phone to call Verizon to help me, the internet light comes back on. I really don't know what to do because every time I call Verizon they can't really help me because my connection seems fine...until I hang up the phone for another 30 minutes. The list below is an overview of my connection that I lost while attempting to right this...

Connection Rate (Down/Up): No DSL Connection
Connection Status In Packets
Out Packets 1537
In Error Packets
Out Error Packets 0
IP Network Address
PPP 72.89.197.125
Primary DNS 68.237.161.12
Secondary DNS 71.243.0.12
Ethernet Status
In Packets 1950
Out Packets 1778
ATM NetworkAddress
VPI 0
VCI 35

Firewall Status
Passed in: 0 Out: 0
Dropped In: 0 Out: 0

Connection Name Connection Duration Status Number of Reconect
Verizon 00:06:48 UP 0

P.S. I am using Windows Xp..and also when I lose my connection my DSL light tends to blink....

and yes my connection did come back after I went to the westell page and clicked the connect button...which is not there all the time..I guess I was lucky this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back