Westell B90-210015-04 DSL Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am new to the board. Thanks for any help you can provide. I want to understand how to set the Westell router for "bridged eternet". I don't know how to call up the address of the modem to change the settings.

Can anyone help. Keep directions simple, for a geek, I am not.

:wave:

This 192.168.1.1 will bring up my router. The question is: How/where to find the settings in order to "bridge ethernet".

When I first hooked up my modem to my wireless router, I did not have a wireless connection. After phone conversations with my DSL provider who outsource their calls to India :mad: , I was sent a new 2- Wire along with a home netwoking kit and an additional fee for "home networking" which was never wireless. You actually had to plug a telephone line into some contraption that plugged into a USB port in additional computers.

Well, an engineering friend took my old Westell modem, trashed the new 2-Wire, and changed a setting either in the Westell modem or the Router to Bridge the ethernet. Now I have a perfectly working wireless network. I just can't remember how he did it. Now if something goes wrong, I just want to be able to reproduce the settings.

Again, I don't know if it's done in the modem, or within the router settings.
Sorry for making a long story even longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back