What a Dead One...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that my Toshiba Dynabook G8X20PDEB (Japanese version) gets some serious hardware problems. Till now I have tried a lot to get it back but failed.

The bad luck began from 20th, April with a serious blue screen (before that it worked perfectly though). When I entered the safe mode, it appeared again, then it just refused to boot. It worked for me for less than 24hrs after my efforts to recover the system and install ALL softwares. Then another blue screen jumped out and the computer was getting worse and worse.

At the beginning, I still could recover the system successfully, but soon I would get some blue screens with all kinds of error messages you may have ever met in your whole life! Now I am so familiar with STOP 0x000000~~ messages, you just can relace ~~ with 0A, D1, 50, 7E, 19... any number you could figure out...

Then recovery became difficult. Sometimes I was told that something was wrong with ntfs partition. There was no help even I changed a new hard disk. Today recovery just stopped and no information jumpped out...or the system halted when I finally could recover the system. After several failed (at least 6 times) recovery, I am able to USE the computer now. I dare not to shut down the computer, or the next boot would be another recovery...

That is it. Can you guys tell me what is wrong with my Dynabook? Do those nightmares mean that I must send it for repair?

BTW, its PCB was fired within 1 year (in 2004) and they changed a new one for me.

Thanks

just an opening volley , not a laptop guy

BTW, its PCB was fired within 1 year (in 2004) and they changed a new one for me.
How did it run after that? Was there always problems with it since that happened? (i.e I wonder if they reinstalled windows clean with all the mobo drivers properly?)

Clearly this is a hardware problem you are having and not driver conflicts.
Typical hardware issues with any computer (LT or desktop) are:
Low or failing power supply (in your case the battery)
Bad/faulty RAM
Overheating (common with LT's)
Faulty motherboard (maybe twice in your case)
Failing HDD (maybe twice in your case again).

Battery: Completely discharge it and charge it for 24hrs.
Overheating:eek:pen it and make sure all fans and air ports are clean.
RAM: run memtest86 (see this site for instructions)
faulty mobo: inspect mobo for any rounded tops on the capacitors (these are the small tin can looking things)

That's all I got for now.

Cheers.

Thank you guys.

This is the second time I have been trying to reply. LOL

The computer just keep crashing so frequently and sometimes just right after the recovery though recovery failed a lot of times.

I do record many error messages but they were almost different every time. And now I could not find the record any more...

After they changed a new PCB for me in 2004, the computer worked well for one and a half year until this April.

I just called the Toshiba repair center and they will pick up my computer later. I guess it is PCB again...(another 500$)

Thank you guys agian, especially to Kirock for detailed explaination.

cheers

Oh guys, one more question.

When I was trying to recover the system, the usb mouse was not moved...Is it possible that the mouse can cause some hardware conflicts?

Thanks

Sure anything that is faulty can/will cause problems, but I don't think a faulty mouse is causing the problems you described. It's probably best to let the techs take a look at it again.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back