What Anti-Virus is a good program?

By leadpill924
May 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, my free edition of Avira Personal Edition expires in 2 days, and I need a new anti virus. Please tell me a good one, but not Zone Alarm, because it's not good for my computer.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

zone alarm is not an anti-virus - it's a firewall.
    If you're a federal employee you can get anti-virus FREE legally.
    You can looking up other free anti-virus online.
    AVG free is a popular FREE anti-virus. There are others.
  3. leadpill924

leadpill924 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 124

by zone alarm i meant zone alarm security suite. its got anti spy, anti virus, and firewall. and much more
  4. cookiedude

cookiedude TechSpot Booster Posts: 227

AVG is an excellent anti-virus software, i've been using the free version for more than a year and had no issues at all. They also do a free version of their spyware.
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

6. k.jacko

k.jacko Newcomer, in training Posts: 743

I've used AVG antivirus and antispyware for a few years now. Its been ok, but recently we were attacked at work and AVG didn't pick up anything.

So i used Bit Defender, and its really good.

Google for reviews, you'll probably find BitDefender very near the top of the pile in most of them. Very cheap too.
  7. gguerra

gguerra TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 559

I think AVG AntiSpyware is a trial.. It does say free however when I installed it said it was a trial. So it's free for 30 days then certain features are deactivated mainly the realtime monitor.
  8. brodavid

brodavid Newcomer, in training

my recommendations would be...

AVG Anti-spyware / Anti-Virus
    or
    NOD32

that's all.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.