What are these parts in this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case speaker connects to the speaker header connector for the front panel on the motherboard.

What is the part in "screws and installation tools" that is on the right?

A tool for tightening the brass motherboard spacers to the case chassis

The case speaker connects to the speaker header connector for the front panel on the motherboard.

Actually, i think The case speaker plugs into the motherboards led pins (if thats not what you meant) and is for error beeps, for example if you leave you start your computer without memory in it it will beep a certain code to signify that.

is it neccessary to install that when I build my new computer (on wensday!!!!!!!) becasue I just bought a sweet soundsystem. also for "A tool for tightening the brass motherboard spacers to the case chassis" Will i need to use that? or can I jsut use tools from my pc tool kit?

and heres the specs (I just cant resist posting them!):
Parts:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor

Power Supply: APEVIA (ASPIRE) ICEBERG ATX-IB680W-BL ATX12V/ EPS12V 680W Power Supply

HD1: Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache

HD2: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache

Video card: XFX PVT71JYHE9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP ExTreme Edition Video Card

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Motherboard: ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

DVD Burner: SONY Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2b 1pk w/Upgrade Coupon for Vista - OEM

Case: APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

twite said:
Actually, i think The case speaker plugs into the motherboards led pins (if thats not what you meant) and is for error beeps, for example if you leave you start your computer without memory in it it will beep a certain code to signify that.

This is a solid state speaker to indicate motherboard "beep" codes. It connects to a motherboard pin array called Front Panel. There is a marked position on this header called SPKR or SPEAKER, where this solid state speaker connects

The case speaker should be connected to spk on the mobo and NOT the led pins as that could damage the mobo!!!!

awsskater892 said:
is it neccessary to install that when I build my new computer (on wensday!!!!!!!) becasue I just bought a sweet soundsystem. also for "A tool for tightening the brass motherboard spacers to the case chassis" Will i need to use that? or can I jsut use tools from my pc tool kit?

This speaker is just for condition codes in case of a system problem. It has nothing to do with your sweet sound system. What ever tool you use to install the brass standoffs with work fine. I use my fingers

thanks alot guys! and by the way take a look at my computer parts, hows it look? I cant wait to build it

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor

Power Supply: APEVIA (ASPIRE) ICEBERG ATX-IB680W-BL ATX12V/ EPS12V 680W Power Supply

HD1: Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache

HD2: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache

Video card: XFX PVT71JYHE9 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP ExTreme Edition Video Card

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Motherboard: ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard

DVD Burner: SONY Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2b 1pk w/Upgrade Coupon for Vista - OEM

Case: APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

Looks great! Although i would recommend an Intel e6400 setup instead of that 4600x2. That cpu is still a very good cpu, but the e6400 outperforms it greatly, and its actually a few bucks less on newegg.

lol well a little late for that!! but o well, Im not a extreme gamer, just hope to play battlefield2 and 2142 on high settings, and edit my videos useing premiere pro 2.0 (which i know works, because im useing it on my 2800+...non dualcore!

lol!

So, I got the first half of my order from newegg today, and i was looking at my sata drive, and noticed it had two types of power inputs:
type 1: the type thats on normal ata-100 drives
type 2: the sata type
So, just to be sure before doing anything..... I only have to use one of those right?

another question
whats the best soundcard to get for around $75.00? or should I just stick with my onboard sound (ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard)

lol thanks for that, I probably would have tried both!!!

another question
whats the best soundcard to get for around $75.00? or should I just stick with my onboard sound (ECS KA3 MVP (V1.0A) Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard)

my motherboard instruction manual says to plug the first hard disk into IDE 1, and connect the CD-ROM to IDE 2. but im not useing ide harddrives, im useing 2 sata, so should I plug the disk drives into ide 1 or ide 2?

awsskater892 said:
my motherboard instruction manual says to plug the first hard disk into IDE 1, and connect the CD-ROM to IDE 2. but im not useing ide harddrives, im useing 2 sata, so should I plug the disk drives into ide 1 or ide 2?

You will plug the SATA drives into SATA1 and the other drive into SATA2. Make sure the motherboards bios are set to use SATA as the boot source NOT IDE!

NO!NO!NO! If you are connecting SATA drives, you must use the SATA sockets on the motherboard. The connectors are different. The SATA connectors look like this (not too good of a picture, but you should get the idea)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=694960&CatId=84
That crossfire board should have SATA sockets. Check your mobo instruction manual. There should be a diagram of the board with a description of each connection/socket on that board. This is usually in the first few pages of any mobo manual.

sghiznaneck said:
NO!NO!NO! If you are connecting SATA drives, you must use the SATA sockets on the motherboard. The connectors are different. The SATA connectors look like this (not too good of a picture, but you should get the idea)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=694960&CatId=84
That crossfire board should have SATA sockets. Check your mobo instruction manual. There should be a diagram of the board with a description of each connection/socket on that board. This is usually in the first few pages of any mobo manual.

What did i just say before you sghiznaneck? Don't you read English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back