What are your favourite old-school games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage_3K_Moiz

I've played many new games but very few of them have the replay value of old-school games like Contra on the NES and MGS on the original PlayStation. Just wanted to give people like me a place to dicuss their memories of the long-gone days of Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter.(NES, SNES, C64, Genesis, Game Gear and pretty much any old consoles u can think of)

Ahhh... those were the days.
I have fond memories of Lode Runner on the C64. I also played all the Ultima games they had for that computer. I'll never forget the day my friend and I finished Ultima III: Exodus.

The Original Rainbow Six (PC)
Zombies ate my neighbors (SNES)
GoldenEye 007 (n64)
Zelda ocarina of time (n64)

To name a few

all the Metroid games by Nintendo, the burned up so many hours of my life, I could have married them insted
super smash brothers for N64 (thou I don't really call it THAT old just yet)
Volfied (c64) was fun as hack and back
Link (mainly ocarina of time, but not only)...on of the best

and last but not at all least, for X86, electronic popple! ^_^

erm

Getting on a bit...

Amiga..

Alien breed..
Syndacate (Still good today)
speedball 2
Cannon fodder

Megadrive

Eternal champions... (ugly cousin of sf2)

Saturn

Nights..

THats about all....

I too absolutely loved the original Rainbow Six. I had a demo of Rogue Spear and I used to play it on my old Pentium 200 MMX! Great fun! Even Killer Instinct on the SNES was a nice fighting game.

Ok, I'm going back before PC were invented! :rolleyes: It was an arcade tank game (I can't even rmember what it was called). It was 3D (barely) and the tanks and were drawn as a 3d CAD like figures. When you killed an enemy tank it exploded into fly triangles. Spent many hours and quarters playing that in the student lounge at college. Ahhh, sniff. (circa 1980)

Coming up a few years now: QUAKE the original FPS that set the bar. Q1 is why I game on-line today and you can guess I'm pretty old, married, have kids, but still love to spend a few hours on line and frag the crap out of you little cheating hackers. :haha:

Cheers

It was an arcade tank game (I can't even rmember what it was called). It was 3D (barely) and the tanks and were drawn as a 3d CAD like figures. When you killed an enemy tank it exploded into fly triangles
TANK HUNTER!!
it used to be on the old apple mac (which was teh best game when i was at school).. i think you can find a remake of it at pogo called tank hunter (if they still have it)

best ones are too much to type up but they were on the C64+disk drive [load "*",8,1 :giddy:] and teh Atari +tape i had.. (damn obsolete technology.. i so miss them...)..

Dos - F-11, Clyde, commander Keen and Duke Nukem name a few..

SNES - Chrono Trigger, Mario, Yoshi, Zelda, Final Fantasy crystal (0) to No. 6...

Playstation - Resident Evil, Time Crisis 2, Ape Escape.......

just a small list of big faves.. out of the hundreds that slip my mind..

SPYRO 1 lol I loved that game when I was young also some of the old crash bandicoot games, and im not forgetting Duke Nukem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back