What Athlon XP CPU i can install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

razzvanbot

I have a ASUS A7S333 motherboard and a Athlon CPU at 1300 MHz. The board supports a maximum of FSB 266 Mhz. What Athlon XP CPU can i install for upgrade.

Thanks

Hey,

You can use Athlon xp cpu's ranging from 1500 to 2400 MHz on your motherboard. Because Athlon xp 2500 and up has a FSB of 333 and up.

I would recommend going for the 2400 just because there is not much of a price different if you get a 2200 or a 2100 cpu. You can check out this website for good deals.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

Hope this helps.

Does Athlon XP 1800+ or 2200+ has SSE and SSE2 instructions?

Looks like the fastest CPU you can pop in there is the Athlon XP 2600+ (266FSB) (Model 8) (Thoroughbred).

Go HERE and follow the links for your motherboard.

Please somebody give me a link with the ASUS A7S333 mathorboard manual.Thanks

DonNagual said:
Looks like the fastest CPU you can pop in there is the Athlon XP 2600+ (266FSB) (Model 8) (Thoroughbred).

Go HERE and follow the links for your motherboard.

Hiya mate.

The AMD Athlon XP 2600+ is actually 333fsb and not 266fsb, I know this is correct as that`s the cpu I have in my system. The correct fsb setting in bios is 166mhz(333mhz effective). ;)

Regards Howard :)

Hiya Howard :)

There are various versions of the Athlon XP 2600+. For example:

Part number AXDA2600DKV3D (333mhz)
Part number AXDA2600DKV3C (266mhz)

The later, (the one with the "C" at the end) is actually a 266FSB processor. They are rare, and hard to find, but his board won't support the 333FSB (accorrding to the Asus CPU support page)

DonNagual said:
Hiya Howard :)

There are various versions of the Athlon XP 2600+. For example:

Part number AXDA2600DKV3D (333mhz)
Part number AXDA2600DKV3C (266mhz)

The later, (the one with the "C" at the end) is actually a 266FSB processor. They are rare, and hard to find, but his board won't support the 333FSB (accorrding to the Asus CPU support page)

I didn`t know that mate.

Thanks for the info.

Regards Howard :)

XP chips are sold all the time on ebay. They're getting harder to find and of course, ebay can be risky..... but..... if that's what ya need, then you might have to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back