What Back to the Future II got right (and wrong) about 2015

Shawn Knight

Staff member

In Back to the Future II, Doc Brown and Marty McFly piloted a tricked-out DeLorean time machine to travel from 1985 all the way to the future, 2015. Arguably the best movie of the trilogy, it presented audiences with a glimpse of what the future might look like.

Although it didn’t get everything right, the film accurately nailed several key technologies that many of us take for granted as well as others that are just now emerging as you’ll see in the infographic below.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I though the 1985 movie was a load of trash when I saw it way back when so I highly doubt I'll waste any time on the remake.

huh? what remake are you talking about?
I dunno, you've got me there. I don't follow the movie scene at all or watch any movies, I'm just not interested in that but what I saw in the article (which admittedly I casually glanced at) I automatically assumed the were making or have made a sequel. Sorry about the faux pas.

Last edited:
I dunno, you've got me there. I don't follow the movie scene at all or watch any movies, I'm just not interested in that but what I saw in the article (which admittedly I casually glanced at) I automatically assumed the were making or have made a sequel. Sorry about the faux pas.

lol so why comment on a scene that you don't follow or have no interest in?

Last edited:
Flying Cars? Geezzeee .... how many times has Popular Mechanics and Popular Science showed that one? They have been around since before 1940 but every time the same MAJOR obstacle ... how many people are willing to get a pilots license in additional to their drivers license? A lot easier to make than to sell ..... but still cool.

Flying Cars? Geezzeee .... how many times has Popular Mechanics and Popular Science showed that one? They have been around since before 1940 but every time the same MAJOR obstacle ... how many people are willing to get a pilots license in additional to their drivers license? A lot easier to make than to sell ..... but still cool.

And that my friend is the key.

There are enough people that can barely drive a car now your gonna them to fly a car lol.

If it were ever a possibility the restrictions would be so tight it wouldn't even be worth it. Half the people dreaming for this think they will just go to a dealer and fly the car off the lot.

The only way this will be possible is with automated flight control.

Odd. For the record, what is filtered out of my post above isn't dirty or considered a curse word. Just a very common phrase for someone who isn't very smart.

Not so odd. Also, calling members such names will tend to get your whole post filtered. :)

lol so why comment on a scene that you don't follow or have no interest in?
Because I've gotta. Just kidding, I misunderstood the article because I never paid much attention to it then opened my trap. I guess we've all done it before sometime in our lives. ;)

Back