What browsers are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avant Browser is a very good if you are want to use an IE based browser. Avant has a similar interface to Opera and Mozilla with tabbed browsing and pop up blockers, etc.

Opera is slick too. mouse gestures can be really useful if you learn them. you get an ad banner at the top without registering however.

Firefox is a good browser although it is better on OS's that are not Windows. there are some bugs with the drop down menus in the Windows version. it is somewhat annoying to me.

Totally agree with BrownPaper. Avant, Opera and Firefox are really good. I use Opera mostly because Avant is Windows only and insecure because of the IE backend. Firefox is still too buggy for my liking. Mozilla 1.6 is faster than its predecessors and more functional than it's slim brother so it is an alternative to consider too.

Opera 7...
I just love the mouse gestures and the fact that on startup it loads the pages I had open when I last used it...

Netscape 7.1 for the email client and the fact that my bank prefers it for internet banking...
It's also nice to have when I don't want to load 6+ sites, but just check something out...

I've also got netscape 4.78 installed for support purposes... The only thing I use IE for is windowsupdate, and I'd change that if I could, but alas........ (And no, a new frontend won't be enough)

MyIE2 ( Thx Olefarteh :wave: ) & Firefox when running Windows.

Firefox alone when in Linux.

Opera 7.23

Tried Firefox again the other day and didn't see any advantage over Opera, and it took me about 20minutes to figure out how to get my bookmarks arranged properly. I know it automatically imported IE ones at first, but I deleted them thinking there would be a better way to get them arranged the way I had them in opera. But apparently Firefox will not import bookmarks from Opera, so it was a big mess and that put a bad taste in my mouth so to speak about Firefox before I even went to any webpages.

I tried Firefox but didn't like it, and before that I was using MyIE2, which was great. Right now I'm using IE because I really like the Google toolbar. I'll probably go back to MyIE2.

Originally posted by Vehementi
I tried Firefox but didn't like it, and before that I was using MyIE2, which was great. Right now I'm using IE because I really like the Google toolbar. I'll probably go back to MyIE2.
If you are using it to block popups Opera will do that too without the google toolbar. Also if you are using it for its simple search, well Opera does that too.
Opera.jpg

I especially like the address bar search feature in Opera and Avant. Most convenient. Just type g <lookup phrase> and there it goes.

I simply don't get on the internet enough to use a browser. :(

But if I had to choose one, I would say use SlimBrowser...... just found that one doing a search :)

I use Opera as well. A lot of nice features built into it.

interesting, the first post about myIE2 i thought was shorthand for my IE also, the second reference made me google it... and there it is.

I've been using Opera for awhile now and am hooked on tabbed browsing. Only used IE when Opera wont work (some pages) or I want to save page for offline viewing.

Gonna have to check out Avant and MyIE2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back