What can I change on this computer to game good?

Hi, I'm looking into buying a new computer, but I don't know if I can just change the graphic card on my current one to make everything better, or if I have to buy a new one completely.

My current computer is this:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 5120MB RAM
Page file: 2618MB used, 3907MB available

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 5450
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory: 2805 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (50Hz)

I'm sorry I'm not good with computer stuff, I hope someone can help me out with what I should do to play quality games like Hitman: Absolution, because right now it's having troubles..

Also if you need more information just tell me and I'll respond!! Thanks!

What you have is an LGA775 (CPU socket) platform. Your only option for processor would be Core2 Quad to get 4 cores. You could get better GPU but the Duo would hold you back.

List of Platforms in order starting with LGA775 (mainstream list)http://www.buildcomputers.net/intel-cpu-socket.html
  1. LGA775
  2. LGA1156 [Nehalem & Westmere]
  3. LGA1155 [Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge]
  4. LGA1150 [Haswell & Broadwell]
  5. LGA1151 [Skylake]
Each platform has it's own set of CPU's that will only function on its own platform. To put things into perspective, the last two platforms have little performance gain over the previous. The LGA1155, LGA1150, and LGA1151 CPU all perform about the same. The Core2 Quad has the potential for twice the performance of Core2 Duo. The Core2 Quad performs closely to an i3. So if you are looking for i5 performance you will not get that in the LGA775 platform.

TLDR: You can upgrade the CPU and GPU, but you will likely still be lacking in desired performance. Especially since hinting at wanting to play high demanding games.

That would be a nice buy if you could afford it. Something much more deserving of an upgrade. The 950 is a bit weak though but that is easily changed out, if you decide you want more.

Back