What can i do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to fix my moms computer, shes running windows 98, she can connect to the net, but it doesnt display any pages.... iv tried doing everything, scan disk, defrag, registry scan, adaware scan, spybot and everything else you could possibly think of, and the problem i run in to with spybot is when i run it, it says it needs to be updated, but when i try to update it it wont let me, it says it cant find a server and then another error message comes up says it cant detect a socket. Iv tried installing IE 6, but it says it cant find a server to download files you need, i tried installing Firefox, i get the samething of a page cant be found. My mother isnt exactly the smartest when it comes to computers, and when she doesnt want anything on her computer, she just deletes it instead of actually uninstalling it, so it was alot of error messages that she was getting but i was able to fix most of those, but now the internet isnt working and its driving me crazy. So if anybody know what could possible be the problem any help would greatly be appreciated. And i read the HIJACK fourm before this, but installed most of the programs, but i cant update them because i constantly get error messages.

So once again, any help would be appreciated.

I don't know, but you could try in DOS mode "tracert" or "ping" an address you know. Is it doing anything at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back