What can i do with it? Compaq Proliant ML370

halo71

After cleaning out a computer closet yesterday at work. Getting rid of old printers, monitors, jetdirects, cables etc. I came across this server. My boss had said to junk everything. So he said I could have this if I wanted it.

Not sure what I can do with it to be of any use other than maybe data storage and back up. Maybe a game server?!? Although i am not a big gamer.

I dont know much at all about it except it has slots for at least 8 drives and presently has four of the following drives in the slots:

9.1 GB 10000 RPM Wide Ultra 3 SCSI.

With the proper enclosures, could I make an external drive out of one of these to use as portable mp3 storage maybe??

anything is possible.. as long as you have working condition parts and stuff..

i'd be dreaming if i got a server for free... but yeh, you could run anything from file/backup server to printer or games.. even a webserver :D

not off hand.. i was probably a noob when that was invented, so i realy dont have a clue.. apart from that if it uses IDE ribbon or scsi you may have a chance at aquireing a hdd enclosure > usb2/firewire for it from your local pc parts retailer.....

Back