what cards are worth the SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtehrmo

Ok lets hear it. There are people running SLI 7600s to people running quad-sli 8800s. Which are worth it? And can you sli cards with the same models but different manufacturers?

None of them are. Not unless you want 60+ FPS at 1920x1200 and above with high amounts of AA and AF to boot. That itself would require a large and expensive monitor, not to mention the fact that you'd need good cooling and a large PSU to power the cards. Spending an equal amount on a card on par with or better than the two cards in SLI would make more sense. In the case of the 8800s, one of them is more than enough for any game at the highest resolutions possible. Why would you need two, except for the aforementioned reason? Unless you wanted to run a DX10 game at higher than 30FPS. ;)

I have two fairly cheap cards about a $100.00 each when I bought them. I've seen a review of these cards in a Crossfire setup where they bested or tied a Radeon X1900XTX in all the benchmarks at 1280 X 1024 and stomped the crap out of it at higher resolutions. My two cheap cards allow me to play games at fairly high resolutions with almost all max settings.

If you don't have enough money for a 8800 or 2900 then buy a cheaper SLI card and add another to it later when you can afford to.

sli wasn't make for people to go out and buy two 7600s at the same time and put them in sli, its make for people to buy one 8600GTS instead of two 7600s the buy another 8600GTS 4 or 5 months when they need the extra power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back