What CASE SIZE should i get for a ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
i bought a ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard lately and i am wondering what i should know in order to get the right case for it.
I am trying to build a pc since my last motherboard died on me.
the specs are:
ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 640 CPU (3.2GHz, 2MB L2 cache, HT)
ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB PCI E
I have a couple of HD's 120 160 300
ANTEC SP-500 SMART POWER 2.0 500 WATT ATX12V V2.0 POWER SUPPLY
i am planning to use my dvd drive and cdwriter drives from my old pc (emachines t2825)
please say if any more info is needed!
thanks for the help
My main question:
WHAT CASE SHOULD I GET? IS the case i have from my old emachines t2825 (i can't figure out what size it is! and the geek squad guy at best buy couldn't either...)
if my emachines t2825 one is not gonna fit then what do u guys recommend? what website what brand etc...
the most important thing is that you help me figure out what case size i should get
thanks a lot

can you recommend something without a powersupply please?

i already bought the powersupply i mention above for 75$ so if you can recommend a case that doesnt come with a powersupply that would fit the powersupply i mentioned above AND the motherboard and everything else... i would greatly apreciate it.
and thanks for the prompt response :)

what size should i get that would fit everythig i mentioned above? mid mini micro? ??

the Antec Sonata II comes in all sizes, can someone please tell me which size the above specs would fit into? micro mini mid or what?
thanks!

Just about any mid-tower ATX form factor case should fit everything with plenty of room. There are dozens and dozens to choose from. It's all a matter of taste.

would a mid size case fit a micro size motherboard?

ok im sorry if i appear a bit thick by repeating the same question.
But from what i understand... a motherboard is either mini micro mid or whtever size.
and a case comes with a certain size for the motherboard... for example, my understanding is that if you got a mid case and you have a micro size motherboard it will not fit in your mid case, etc...

is this true? or can bigger size cases fit smaller size motherboards? and by FIT i mean do they have screws for putting the motherboard in and stuff
and if they can....
my other question is are all power supplies standard size? in other words do all power supplies fit in all cases?
if not then the same question applies to motherboards can a micro size powersupply fit in a mid size case etc..
thanks and sorry for repetition
P.S. if you can please suggest a brand name that doesn't have a powersupplies that comes with it, and it be a good brand (i dont care at all about style the cheapest good quality without powersupply case would be great.)
thank you all you've been greatly helpful

omg... i am hoping you are wrong...
i couldn't have been screwed over beause i bought it from a guy on ebay that had 1000 positive feedback and NO negative feedback at all, and its not a guy its a store...
so... i dont know....

shadowrunner
both your posts show a complete lack of grey matter, to say it politely!

alialamin
get a mid-size ATX-case, that has at least room for 3x 5.25" and 4x 3.5" drives. More is better. Check that it has room for a few extra fans both in front and back.
Also look for front-USB ports (and perhaps speaker/mike/firewire).
Powersupplies are all standard size, so they will fit in all cases.
Your mobo/CPU combo is fine and socket-775.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back