What case will my Dell D 3000 fit into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninvin21

Hello,

I have a dell Dimension 3000 that I put some money into and I want to put it into a nice new case.

I was told the The Cabinet form factor is Micro tower/Mini tower.
and the motherboard is standard micro atx motherboard form factor.
But I don't no.

Can someone please link me to some cases that my dell will fit into.
I want one with fans/lights maybe a temp gauge.

Thank you so much
I been wanting to do this for a long time

It will fit into any mid to full tower case, and probably some cases designed for micro atx. In short, nearly any case you find on newegg.com will work.

If you have a Dimension 3000, it would be good to replace the motherboard so that you can use PCI-E.

Agreed. replacing the motherboard may be a good idea, but make sure it is compatable with your cpu socket. Any mid-tower or full-tower will fit the board. Some mini-towers will, but i'd stick with the mid and full ones.

Thank you very much for the help,

I don't see how it will fit because the Rear i/o panel's don't look like they match up on any of them!
(I really like the cube cases that are lite up.)

Also my Pc came with a 250w power supply is it ok if I just swap it for say a 600w?
(Does the power supply only take as much power as it needs?)

and would it be possible to hook up a case with a temperature display?
What does it hook up it?

yeah your right, This model don't have a pci-E or AGP slot but I think I'm just going to wait another year or two and invest in a new machine.
(My dell 3000 allready does what I want it to do but thank you for trying to help pump up my machine up.)

Thanks again,
I'm new here and this is looking like a really great site.

The rear I/O panel should be able to pop off. It might be screwed in. If worst comes to worst just don't use an I/O shield.

A computer will only take as much power as it needs, no harm in getting a 650w, as long as its not cheaply made.

Hi ninvin,

ninvin21 said:
I don't see how it will fit because the Rear i/o panel's don't look like they match up on any of them!
the rear I/O panel is specific to each motherboard. if you'll be re-using the Dell mobo, then just remove the I/O panel and mount it in your new case. if the panel is not removable then you can search for a replacement or simply not use one at all.

ninvin21 said:
my Pc came with a 250w power supply is it ok if I just swap it for say a 600w?
(Does the power supply only take as much power as it needs?)
yes the PSU only provides as much power as the system requires, but don't buy a PSU based on it's rated wattage. cheap/generic PSUs will often times have a rating that exceeds what the PSU is actually capable of providing in a real world system. total rated maximum watts mean nothing, only buy a PSU from a reputable PSU manufacturer and look for a high +12V amperage rating as the most important rating.

ninvin21 said:
would it be possible to hook up a case with a temperature display?
What does it hook up it?
of course it's possible :)... although technically they don't 'hook up' to anything. you simply mount the temp display's thermocouple(s) as close as possible to the source(s) of heat you want the temp display to... um... display ;).

ninvin21 said:
I'm new here and this is looking like a really great site.
welcome aboard :D

cheers :wave:

Sorry to drag you back here but I just had to thank Everyone for helping me out. Now I'm ready to look for my Dream case that I all ways wanted.
Thanks again

well I found the case I want It says fits any Standard ATX motherboard (12" x 10.2").

My Board is smaller then that will it still fit?

http://www.xoxide.com/clearacatxca.html

I also want to get a new Power supply.

How do I know which one's fit in my case and How do I know if they work with my System? (What spec's have to match up?)

I was looking at these
http://www.xoxide.com/500waassuuvr.html
http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-550w-pcix-clear.html

and also why is there a bunch of power supplies with Huge fans on the top When I don't see any cases with Holes above the power supply?

Thanks again very much.

The reason you dont see holes in the casings for the power supply fans is becuase you're seeing the power supply upside down, the fan is inside the casing of the system. As the power supply goes I think you should stick with Antec or thermaltake even though they pretty much dont have clearones as the ones in your link, unless they just came out. Also I am guessing your board will fit, I'm not 100% sure about that one though.

O that would make sense,
But isn't the fan pushing hot air from the power supply into the case?

That case I want is not going to fit I don't no what I was thinking,I'm pretty sure It has to be a Mirco Atx or smaller.
I also seen there's standard micro AtX and Flex Atx.
(I don't no if My board will line up with these or not)

Also If anyone runs into a Acrylic case that fits a Micro atx motherboard or smaller Please let me know.
I don't think they make them.

PS someone else started a thread on the same topic and there is a guy in there saying It should fit into any Atx case so I don't no.

Thanks again

LOL.

You want the fan to blow hot air from the power supply OUT of the case :D

Plus, you're not supposed to be hijacking other people's threads.

ninvin,

the cases itself doesn't have to be any smaller, it just has to have mounting holes for microATX. almost all ATX cases have mounting holes for both ATX and MicroATX, but judging by the pictures of that acrylic case, it looks to me that it only has holes for ATX. it also only states "standard ATX". so it looks like it's one of the few exceptions.

if you really wanted to use that case you could always drill new mounting holes to line up with your microATX motherboard.

regarding the PSU fan, it doesn't push hot air into the case, it sucks hot air out of the case and blows it out the back.

:wave:

Ok thank you I got it now..
(sorry I did not mean to hijack anyone's thread.
I just wanted to let that other guy know there was allready a thread about this subject here)

From the way the power supply fan looks I was thinking it was pushing air not pulling.(Now I know)

Thank you everyone

I'm scared to drill new mounting holes But it looks like that's the route I'm going to take it it don't fit.
(I just have to find out what drill will go into acrlic with out cracking it and the right drill bite size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back