What causes low framerate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime1sw

cause my graphics card is decent for a game like WOW, but it still has a horribleframerate im guessing this is caused by memory
i will appreciate any help

THanks

You will have to post your spec's...

With the info you give, we can only give very general comments as to what could be the cause, but with the specs, we'll be able to narrow down the causes...

But yes, memory could be a problem. So could a drive which hasn't been defragged for a long time...

ok, il post my specs and its a new computer by the way
total ram 192
amd sempron processor 2.0 ghz
intergrated Via/s3g unichrome IGP graphics total memory 64 MB

It probably all three specs you posted that are giving you bad frame rates - but mostly your RAM and Video card. I've noticed a huge difference in WoW once you pass 768 megs of RAM - and your video just plain needs to be updated.

is your graphics card shared memerory with the ram because it that is true that would be your biggest problem. even if you had 384 which i know seems a wierd number and your own memerory for your ga that would help a lot. what are your frame rates by the way.

sorry yeah you have shared memerory and that is going to be your bigges thing your processor should be fine as far as being able to process info as i had a 1.4 processor at one point that would run fram rates at 200 with a ge force fx5200 my advice is get another graphics card with at least 128 meg of its own memory and a 256 chip of ram at the least and that will boost your performance greatly. i wouldnt go anything less than a geforce 5500 or radeon 9600 at the least if possible as everything else is pretty much obsolete if you are a gamer

so if i add another ram that wil add on to what i already have. cool i thouht that it had to be compatible to do that stuff

Well, in one way it has to be compatible, but it isn't a problem. If you buy a new stick that's faster, it will just run at the same (slower) speed as your old ram...

But just make sure that it's the same type (DDR, DDR2, non-DDR) and you shouldn't have any problem...

well its ddr sdram. so i add another ddr sdram stick they will combine thats alsom. Im actually ordering my ram andgraphics chip as we speak off of neweggg. CANT WAIT!!!!

hey dude make sure you know whether it is pc2100, 2700, or 3200 or you'll be up a creek without a paddle. and that will boost the performance that your graphics card gives and your memory performance. but remember that you still have shared memory which means your graphics card wont perform nearly as good as a graphics card with 64 meg of its own memory

Huh? I don't follow you Bobcat1132...

You can mix 'n' match pc2100, 2700, 3200 and 4000, the only "problem" is that they will only run as fast as the slowest chip.
But that doesn't mean you should buy the same speed that you currently have. Buy one chip of PC3200 now and combine it with your current PC2100. When you have saved up some more cash, and the price has come down a bit more, buy a second chip of PC3200 and dump the PC2100.
If you buy PC2100 now, you'll have to buy all new chips when you upgrade later.

And as for the graphics chip, you mostly use shared memory when you're using onboard graphics... And since he has just ordered a new card, he won't have to worry much about the video card eating up his system memory, unless he has bought a 64mb ram card and even then chances are that it won't use any of the system memory, but run slow as.......

Even if he doesn't, the PCI version of the FX5700LE should still be better than the onboard graphics...

ok i didnt know if you ran pc3200 you could drop the speed to equal a pc2100 chip of memory or so thanx for that and any pci bus card is going to be better than the onboard graphics card as long as it is above 32 meg then im not sure how the performance would be affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back