TechSpot

What did you get for Christmas?

By TimeParadoX
Dec 25, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Well, what the title says, What did you get for Christmas?

I got this:

Computer stuff:

nVidia 8800GTX, 3.80GHz AM2 ( AMD ) Processor, ASUS StrikerExtreme Mobo, Thermatalke Case ( weights like 4000 pounds :( ), 2gig Crucial RAM, x2 SATA DVD/CD Drivers, x1 10,000rpm 300gig RAPTOR Hard Drive.

Games:

Crysis, STALKER, and UT3.

I did pay for this all myself, I saved up like 3 years for this. Also, CRYSIS and UT3 I got for free from my computer parts. ( NewEgg = wins :) )

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Call of Duty 4 (awesome BTW), and a good game I always liked, Need for Speed IV: High Stakes :p

And I'm working on getting a video card, RAM, HDD and tons of X360 games :)

3. a t-shirt that says "NO, I will not fix your computer", 20 bucks in cash, some music, and a check for 300 dollars. enough to buy myself a new compy when the banks open and i can finally cash the check :3

4. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,971   +10

A lot more than I got.

Cheers.

5. that's rather depressing

6. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 243

I gave what would have been money spent on my presents to need children in Ethiopia and other such countries.

7. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Flight Sim X (have been using FS2004 :( ) Call o duty 4, (good!)

Also new tie rods for my car

Not real exciting.

8. sirdale12

sirdale12 TS Rookie

i got call of duty 4 a new soccer jersey and money

9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,992   +1,578

Altruism rears it's ugly head......

Wouldn't it be just as interesting to find out what we gave others for Christmas, and why?

10. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

I received 3 gift credit cards, and a few games :p .

Another thread maybe :D ?

11. captaincranky

I always wanted......

A T-shirt that said; " I was just kidding, now put the gun down".

I actually received; a book on aircraft, the CD sound track to, "O' Brother Where Art Thou", and the 1st season of "Entourage".

Being a single baby-boomer only child really sucks in the gift getting department, (not that I didn't appreciate what I got), so I took matters into my own hards, er credit card.......A pair of JBL "Stadium" loudspeakers (3 way with dual 8" woofers), a Pioneer 300CD Player, and a shiny new Intel E2200 "Pentium" CPU which is supposed to be delivered Thursday. I guess my New Year's resolution was to give myself that for Christmas the year before.

12. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

A cold air drop in exhaust for my car, and something that money can't buy :p ...

13. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,925   +548

I got myself a Macbook Pro, then from my relatives Crysis (by the launch date but still counted as a xmas gift) and Guitar Hero 3. Then got clothes from both of my parents and a few other things here and there but nothing else tech-related.

I often get that I'm too hard to get gifts to, I guess I get the reputation from the fact that my main hobby and work are both tech related and I can get all that stuff myself, not to mention those are usually expensive.

Perhaps something I will wait to get myself early in the new year are new mobo/cpu and next-gen videocard. A 27" monitor would have great for this xmas so I can ditch my secondary 19 incher, but because I will soon be relocating (more like mid-year) it makes it impractical to move around with all the things I have to move somehow already.

14. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 302

Whew, some people really got a load of stuff :). I got a few books and a toilet plunger (practical joke).

15. boykov

boykov TS Enthusiast Posts: 73

creative fatality headphones from the wife , so i can be gaming while she sleeps :)...

16. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Lol; I would've had a hard laugh if I got one :p .

17. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Power washer and shop lights. :grinthumb

Oh yeah...family got a Wii!

18. Myzz617

Myzz617 TS Maniac Posts: 369

Aww man i got a pair of thermals.

Do u mean what did u buy ur-self for xmas??? Because if thats the case Im a happy camper if not im saltdd..didnt get nada I did more giving so i guess thats good. My XMAS spirit has officially been broken tho :D

19. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

I got a Samsung 22" LCD, BFG 8800GTS 512, Xbox 360, Mass Effect (kick-***), and like $200 left.

20. captaincranky

Necessity is the Mother of Invention.....

Remember your PC won't keep you warm! Er...well.... unless it's a P4 and you buy a really long extension cord.

Try to reclaim the Christmas spirit if you can. I always find great joy in the fact that anybody who might **** with you, has the day off too.

21. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 489   +16

I got a Wii! I bought an extra controller +nunchuck myself Wii alone is a big gift. I also bought thw wii zapper which comes with a pretty fun game as well as Metroid Prime 3. If you have a Wii and like FPS's, M3 is a must have. Although I must confess my main motivation for wanting a Wii is for Smash Bros. Brawl. Smash Bros is by far my favorite fighting game of all time. It allows for 4-players at once, fast-paced fighting with unique characters that has kept me playing so much longer than any other fighter made.

22. Myzz617

Myzz617 TS Maniac Posts: 369

Well i got my 360 on black friday 4 myself so hopefully that loud mofo will keep me warm, somewhat

23. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,189   +415

3 T-Shirts, some Cartman pajamas, some Scarface pajamas, a shop vac, and a power drill with a task list attached from the wife.

24. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 102

some candy from my girlfriend and a silver neck chain, and that's quite all...

25. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

A USB driven 6" bouncer which shouts at you in Paul Merton's voice such rude things as You're not wanted here; I've got your number; woss your game, mate?; Sling your 'ook; etc etc. It is light sensitive so anyone walking past the office door gets it.
    Toyz 4 boyz and why not?