TechSpot

What do I do next? Attached Logs

By me0058
Apr 2, 2009
  1. I Followed the required steps that were said
    On Julio's thread.

I can't post a message on his thread or send him a private message.
    Can someone send this his way?

I read your posting and I completed all the steps, but not sure what to do next. I know it says to send you the attached requested logs.

Here they are.The reason for me wanting to do this is because my computer was running slower than normal, Internet Explorer would close the browsers on me in the middle of my sessions. Also when I would search things on google and go to the webpage, it would redirect me to a totally different website. I would have to go back to my search results on google and reclick the link again, and then it would take me to the correct website.

Moderator Edit:
    There is no "Send" stated in the 8 Step guide
    Oh and I removed your not required Bold from entire post
    And color as well !

Thanks,
    Monica

Attached Files:

2. mflynn

mflynn TS Rookie Posts: 2,655

Hi Me0058

Sorry you got missed.

Run HJT Scan only and select and Fix all lines listed below
    Any line that has (file missing) and/or (no file) at the END of the line, ONLY at the end, and the following!
    O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [HJUwvAiVkr] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\johmfoxy\xkzexknw.exe

Another run indicated!
    OK there were found/removed items in both MBAM and SAS so we need to run again as the first run likely exposed things that were not even seen the first time.

So another run Quick Scan will likely find more. So UPDATE run again and post logs. We need to see clean logs.

Mike

3. me0058

me0058 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Post New Logs

Okay I just read your message. I will run again and post new logs.

But I'm a little confused on what you said to do about fixing lines?? Not too familiar with this. Sorry if this makes it difficult but could you explain please... Maybe with step by step...

Thank you for replying back to me.

Monica

4. mflynn

Hi Monica

Just run HiJackThis and chose Scan only then look for any line that has (file missing) and/or (no file) at the END of the line, ONLY at the end. Click these.

then find this line O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [HJUwvAiVkr] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\johmfoxy\xkzexknw.exe

Once all checked the click Fix selected items to fix/remove them!

mike

5. me0058

me0058 TS Rookie Topic Starter

OKAY, Thank you again for replying back. I followed your instructions and did the following. It fixed/deleted the checked boxes you told me to look for.

What does/did that fix or help?

Are there any other steps I should done?

Thanks for your time,
    Monica

6. mflynn

This remove a some dead entries from Windows that are already fixed/gone (no file, file not found).

The other removed a Malware entry from running but the prior runs and the below hopefully will remove the actually Malware.

Yes more to do: as directed below the HJT instruction in post #2 run MBAM and SAS again and post new logs.

Mike

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.