What Do You Think of NX8800GTX ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face of LA

I Was Wonderin if Any one got this gfx card, i Heard it was a great *** video card so im thinkin of gettin it cuz its the best gfx card out there
Am I Makin a good choice by gettin this?

one

You're making a very good *********** choice :D

It's the fastest video card available until ATI's R600 finally appears :)

just means you've got too much money to burn. But it is the fastest graphics card out there at the moment.

Just not good value for money.

Hmm.... I'd agree with you there as well. Personally I'd rather wait out for DX10 to be a more widely accepted standard before jumping on the DX10 bandwagon.

Which was why I'm stuck with an X1950Pro for now.

And I'm stuck with my X850. I don't know if I want to upgrade to a DX10 card, or just get a X1950XT...

DirectX10. What exactly it is I don't really know, I just know it has something to do with how the game processes graphics, and its supposed to show alot more detail than its predecessor, the DX9.

The only real reason I reckon you'd want to get yourself any 8800 series card would be to make use of this DX10. So unless you're planning, or are already running, Windows Vista, you won't be utilizing DX10.

Not to say that those cards don't perform well in DX9, but there are much better value for money cards out there. Unless you are as picky as some, and can tell the difference between 40fps and 60fps, you won't see too much difference.

CMH said:
DirectX10. What exactly it is I don't really know, I just know it has something to do with how the game processes graphics, and its supposed to show alot more detail than its predecessor, the DX9.

The only real reason I reckon you'd want to get yourself any 8800 series card would be to make use of this DX10. So unless you're planning, or are already running, Windows Vista, you won't be utilizing DX10.

Not to say that those cards don't perform well in DX9, but there are much better value for money cards out there. Unless you are as picky as some, and can tell the difference between 40fps and 60fps, you won't see too much difference.
Actually, theres that project in development to bring DX10 to XP. So it looks like those of us using XP will be able to continue to do so for a few more years. Personally, I hope that XP can last me through until the OS after Vista, since Vista is such crap IMO.

Wolf, you gotta get something better than that X850 :D. It's just getting OLD now ;) It's almost 2 gens old. That's like when I joined TS and I had a 9800PRO and a 2.26 Northwood. My whole comp was like 2 generations old ;) Except you have a current CPU. I can still beat your benches though :) 7950GT >>>>>>>>>>>> X850XTPE :D

I wouldn't advise a GTX with your CPU it will be a major bottleneck. And your 17" display won't do it justice....

Get a geforce 8800GTX because they are nice. Like the Mhill2029 dude said the CPU may create a bottleneck. Also make sure!!!!!! you have the room in your case and a PCI x16 slot that is spaced away from other slots. check out ---www.lost.eu/42bbb---

zzz.

Don't just waste your money on a card where you wouldn't see any difference when compared to a MUCH MUCH cheaper card.

First off: 17" display. You won't need anything close to 8800gtx to get 60, much less 40fps on most games on that resolution. If you really want the 8800gtx, get one of those nice 30" displays to play games with. Only then, it might be justified.

Second, your CPU is a bottleneck. You'll get the same performance (roughly) with the 320mb 8800gts.

Third, your power supply will explode under those loads (50% chance that its not literal). The 8800gtx isn't the most power efficient cards around.

Now, unless you're willing to spend about triple the cost of an 8800gtx, you don't need one. You'll need: a new monitor and a new power supply at the very least. After that, a new CPU will unleash its full potiential (and we're talking AT LEAST an E6600 here).

MetalX said:
Wolf, you gotta get something better than that X850 :D. It's just getting OLD now ;) It's almost 2 gens old. That's like when I joined TS and I had a 9800PRO and a 2.26 Northwood. My whole comp was like 2 generations old ;) Except you have a current CPU. I can still beat your benches though :) 7950GT >>>>>>>>>>>> X850XTPE :D

Yeah. I plan to get an 8800GTS 320MB. 8800GTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7950GT :D

I think that will be my last big upgrade. It's time to get a 360. I want to play Gears of War, Halo 3 and other great games.

Face of LA said:
I Was Wonderin if Any one got this gfx card, i Heard it was a great *** video card so im thinkin of gettin it cuz its the best gfx card out there
Am I Makin a good choice by gettin this?

one

Is this a trick question?

Ok, so if you try and run a geforce 8800 GTX without a 350W power supply it WONT work so A big power supply is nice. I guess if you use a 17" LCD you really dont need a super powerful card, but I use my 8800 GTX with a 22" LCD monitor and it is sooooo nice. ---www.lost.eu/42bbb--- try it

Man, if only I had one of those, I wish I had money right now, then I would probably get this 8600GTS I see on ebay right now...

I dont see much point of paying the 300 or so for the gts when you can safely overclock a 7 series card to do more. Only advantage is dx10, and that's not even an advantage, still is buggy and only works with vista.

overclock a 7 series card to outpower the 8800gts? Better clarify there.... I think its the 8600 series cards you're talking about, those were a pretty big flop, after their release of the 8800 series.....

^ go get u a new thread to talk about ur troubles!

so now i get it, in order to get this 8800GTX I Shud change the processor and the LCD Monitor?
thats not a big deal as long as this gfx card worth it, am waitin to get a quad core cpu, so i will just have to look for a good 30" LCD Monitor

And why wud this be a trick question supersmashbrada?

thanks for ur help guys, i appreciate it

because as stated no one hear can say its anything less than great. Its obvious its the latest and best card on the market, so why ask?

Yeah, so if you're really serious about getting that 8800gtx, and willing to spend that kind of money on it, sure, you'll get a smashing experience I'm sure.

Wouldn't be any better for sometime, at least till the X2900 series by ATI is out, in which case, it might outperform the 8800gtx. Should be out anytime soon, its been delayed enough times already. Delayed so many times the 8800gtx feels like a grandma. But even then, nVidia already has the 8900 ready to counter whatever the X2900 will dish out. If you're waiting for whatever's around the corner, you'd be waiting 2 years... like I did.

2 years? lol can i wait all that?? hah
supersmashbrada said:
because as stated no one hear can say its anything less than great. Its obvious its the latest and best card on the market, so why ask?
because i wanted to ask whoever tried it, cuz i heard before about great brandnew gfx cards but they werent that good, thats why am askin,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back