What does this mean? Blinking Power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwyzdreamin04

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here I go. When I was taking my computer classes about a year or two ago, I remember the teacher talking about how when the hard drive button blinks it means its accessing the hard drive, and I could have sworn she also said if your power button blinks it means something is wrong. Now...my power button is blinking...is the led in it going dead or does it mean something is wrong?

Hi,
U have posted 32 posts ever since u joined the forum, and u still don't know whether this is the right place, *(*Sorry if am rude)
Anyway yes this is the right place, and that means that u either had it plugged in the wrong place, a place for your hdd, so check it, it also depends on how fast and when it blinks.
Its rare for that to happen on a power button.
Just open your machine and make sure u interchange the Hdd and Sw1 termination.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

You didn't sound rude. But I didnt know if it was the right place because, of those 32 posts, probably about 30 of them have been in the cpu/mobo forum.

This JUST started...the blinking I mean. This particular computer was taken apart the other day, but the blinking has been going on for a good 3 weeks. The hdd led blinks when the hdd is accessed, so I know I don't have it in the hdd spot. So the blinking power button doesn't mean anything other than somethings gotta be in the wrong spot?

OOHHH LOOOKK...its stopped blinking for the first time today...Sorry..I just looked over and noticed it stopped blinking...

Try going online and put your exact question out there. Make sure to be exact in describing each part make and #, and the exact symptoms. GFood Luck.

Either you have a BIOS/hardware issue (usually there is a beep but some motherboards flash a led) or your PSU is failing. A power light has nothing to do with your HD light.

Tedster said:
Either you have a BIOS/hardware issue (usually there is a beep but some motherboards flash a led) or your PSU is failing. A power light has nothing to do with your HD light.

ok...how do i find out which problem it is?

if you suspect a failing PSU, read the appropriate guide in the guides forum. If your computer is in standby mode, then you need to press the appropriate key to bring it out. You will need to RTFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back