What games can I run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillenNinjasHD

I was wondering if you guys could help me on what games I can run I love games like Strategy And Civ games also Others

System Specs:

Cpu Pentium(R) Dual-Core Cpu E5300 2.60 GHZ (Performance Rated at 3.9)
Ram:6.00 GB (4.25 Usable)
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Desktop Resolution: 1600 X 900
Disk Space Available: 250 GIGS

If you could give me a long list of games that I can run on med settings or High with a fps of atleast 40+ that would be helpful

Don't know man, that's a pretty old setup. Just buy games for cheap on steam and run them at lowest settings.

I cant use steam for some reason ive tried im just looking for stand alone games to get im gonna upgrade my Gpu to like a 670 Ti[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

But I need games for my 8400 gs I play games like Mount and blade and BF 2142 at Max also other games like TF2 at low-med

Are there any really good old Strategy/Action games that I could run one of my favs is Rome Total War+Barbarian Inv

also my computer meets the minimum for Total War II

I'd say stick with Rome 1, as Rome 2 you'll need a pretty good rig for the graphics. Or else you might be plagued with the "zombie" faces on your legions...

You can also check out Shogun 2, should be pretty cheap for the holidays and is pretty well patched up.

I do play total war 2 its pretty good on a gs 8400

For some reason my card kind of overclocks itself but not very bad so that it dont damage it but it gives more performance

Any tips for playing shogun 2? im new to this kind of type of total war

*Edit*

Nevermind shogun 2 will not run on this kind of GFX not even close

Ouch, thought the minimum for Rome II will allow you to run Shogun 2. Total War Rome 1 then....

I love total war rome I bought the gold edition and play it all the time

I just need newer games..im kind of tired of the games I find and play I need new ones
graphics arent an issue I just want them to be slightly behind mine say.. Geforce 6600 cards or somthing like so

Hey KillenNinjasHD, do you have an GOG account? Or else check their website for games...I mean there are oldies that will definitely run on your rig.

Games like:
Total annihiliation
Dungeon Keeper 2

(The games can also be found in the thread mentioned by St1ckM4n.)

I actually do have a GOG account ive gotten games from their like

Flatout 2
Evil Genius
Simcity 4
Tropico 2

All those games are from GOG

Ive just gone through GOG and ive found a couple games to play but still not much ill see if they keep me occupied for now

Just simply think of a few games that interest you, then visit this. This will show scan your specs and tell you if you have the minimum/recommended specs.

Also I was wondering if I could run L4D or L4D2 when I look at the specs it says I meet rec on both

Those are good ones.

You definitely meet the minimum specs, just the recommended you are a tad bit short on the cpu side. Should be okay though...

But the reccomended requires a 2.0 dual core and I have a 2.6 dual core the one u see that says 3.0 is for one core only im pretty sure my comp could handle it

But the reccomended requires a 2.0 dual core and I have a 2.6 dual core the one u see that says 3.0 is for one core only im pretty sure my comp could handle it

I'm going off what STEAM has on their store page.
The recommended is Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
The Minimum is Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
While you have an Pentium Dual Core 2.6Ghz

So yes, your rig will be able to handle it, but no it will not meet recommended specs.

Yet when I go to compare my specs on game debate ( a liar) system requirements lab (also a liar) and the own spore website it says I do meet the rec

*EDIT*

just ran the game and maxed all settings out runs perfectly 60+ fps no matter what I do even how crowded the area is it still stays above 55 + fps so I guess I can run it well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back