TechSpot

What happened to the blu ray players in Laptops?

By munch2477
Feb 2, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I noticed that in the past few months, dell and hp stopped offering blu ray players/burners. Maybe it's just me but I can't find blu ray players where I used to. Does anyone know why this is?
  2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 742

Maybe depending on the package they are making and the price as I know that Pc and laptop with Blu ray reader built in are very expensive maybe you are viewing only the cheap one without bluray drive.
  3. munch2477

munch2477 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 149

I remember doing the same customization on the same model of dell laptop on two different days and the second time i did it there was no blu ray option. I talked with customer service and he said it was unavailable at the time and he said he didn't know why.
  4. Ultiweap

Hmmm as I know Bluray drives market are growing more and more and bluray is little by little replacing the DVD same as the DVD did with VCD. Maybe due to too much order they don't have in stock. I don't think there is a problem as bluray is very popular now.
  5. munch2477

munch2477 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 149

Maybe. I just find it very odd that both dell and hp don't have blu ray players anymore. I wanted to know if there was some sort of problem. I feel like i briefly read something saying there were issues but i have not read any confirmation and it was in a different forum. I don't know how much weight that holds.
  6. Ultiweap

You know people blaming something there will be many that. Someone may got a simple problem and he will make it like an important issue. As I know Bluray is good and growing day by day but there may be a problem with the production or something like that but i'm don't think so.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.